4.23.2011

Flashback Friday

My dear friend Randalin @ Harvesting Kale started participating in Flashback Friday's and I have decided to join her and other bloggers.

Before Steve and I were married and before we moved back to Canada we had four years of life together - travelling and living abroad.  And I have wanted an excuse to reminisce and share our experiences.  So this is perfect! Here goes.....

One of my fondest memories of living in Vietnam were the 'bike' rides.  Nearly every Sunday we would hop on our rented Honda Wave, Steve driving and me on the back, and boot around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) exploring new neighbourhoods. We would drive around for hours in crazy traffic enjoying the hustle and bustle of life in Saigon. My favourite part of these rides was that every trip included a stop at a local cafe for caphe sua da. If you haven't tried it you should.  But the best 'bike' rides were when visiting new cities and we would take off to see the countryside.  Usually on a bike that needed major repair and the chances of it breaking down or getting a flat tire was almost certain.  The views were spectacular and not knowing where you were - well for me was a little terrifying and for Steve nothing was more exciting. 


2 comments:

  1. Great post Emily! Life truly is what you make it, n'est-ce pas ?
    Thanks for reminding me to take my day by the horns once in awhile... and to ride off into the sunset with someone I love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.