6.10.2011

Flashback Friday | Honeymoon?

Two posts in a row - WABAM!! You can finish scratching your eyes with disbelief now.  It's Friday - and I am off work on a summer day.   Woot! Woot!  And I have been thinking a lot about where I would like to spend my honeymoon.  We have finally decided on a time - late February 2012 for an anniversarymoon and only six (6) months away {edit - if I could do math properly this should read nine (9) months away} - but are still contemplating where.  After seeing the Hangover 2 (Amazing right? Does anyone else have a crush on Zach Galifianakis? Or am I alone in this?) and catching glimpses of the awesomeness of Thailand, especially Bangkok.  It made me want to go back - really bad!  I haven't stopped thinking about it since we saw this movie two weeks ago.  So I suggested this to Steve - and he seems game.  Yippee! 

I have been to Thailand four, incredible, times.  Usually on a stopover for a few days.  I have explored some of the Southern region beaches - but I really want to see what Northern Thailand has got to offer. It has got to be incredible. I know we should probably go somewhere new for our honeymoon - but it's really hard to justify when you know how completely awesome a place is.  How great the food is.  How nice the beaches are.  How utterly perfect the weather is.  All the monkeys everywhere even though I am afraid of them (a story for another time). Sadly all my really good Thailand photos are on a disc that is presently lost in the room designated as 'the room for things with no home'. But I did manage to dig up these from my first trip back in 2003, and they make me wish it was February 2012 right.now! Steve you can commence booking our anniversarymoon - consider the decision made. 

2 comments:

  1. I say head right back there! Try somewhere new some other time! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeep, I'd take Thailand over the rainy Pennsylvania weather we've been having any day!!

    (And I totally know what you mean about Zach Galifianakis!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.