6.24.2011

Flashback Friday | Pre-career Retirement

Today has been one of those days where nothing seems to go quite right.  Some could even say that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed!  I can honestly say T.G.I.F.F. {yes there is an extra F}

Days like these really make me miss my globetrotting life.  The days where I only worked for three hours  - 20 hours a week and was still able to shop. And travel. And save money.  It makes me miss the countless mornings lounging around the pool, drinking some sort of delicious drink. The endless possibilities to escape the city for some oceany awesomeness.  I long for those days where I enjoyed every minute - instead of wondering why there aren't enough hours.  Or how the days/months have passed me by so quickly.  Is it possible that I experienced a pre-career retirement?

Regardless, I wish I could do this for the rest of my life and feel like this all the time.


Check out other trips down memory lane with the new host  Lauren from 'Heya, Sparky!' for flashback Friday


8 comments:

  1. I miss those days too! Now wedding planning and blogging has taken over...and work too. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally hear you on that! Since when did the right to take a break have to be "accrued"?

    Thanks for linking up! You blog seems so sweet, I'll definitely be stopping back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude - you're on a roll this week! This is like your hundredth post. You're a blogging superstar!!

    Now, please stop teasing me with stories of wandering the planet and laying in the sun. I'm seriously jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Mother of Cuteness do you have a beautiful blog!! I absolutely LOVE your space here. Very cute. And your post is like the perfect flashback for me! I remember days like that too, before my big ole 8 month preggie belly and 3 year old hanging from my leg! lol! I'm happy to meet you through Laurens Flashback Friday! I'm your newest follower! http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny... this is how I am feeling too... missing the easy. Love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that analogy...pre-career retirement. It is so true! And I thought high school and college were hard. I was living on easy street! Sounds like you need a vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also miss those days! This whole full time job thing is for the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. Memories of globetrotting are the best memories of all. ;)

    What a fabulous little blog you have here! I am loving your style, girl! ;) I can NOT wait to read lots more about your fabulous life! Wheee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.