6.11.2011

Wedding ABC's | Attendance

I have finally found a way to recap our wedding.  There are so many options it was hard to decide.  But through some blog research I found a post titled 'Wedding ABC's' by Kristen at Joyful Ramblings and I might have squealed a little.  It's perfect.  A recap of your day from A-Z.  Except I am going to switch it up a bit by changing some of  the letter topics and break it down into twenty-six different posts, covering one letter at a time. Because as I mentioned before - I want to remember every detail. Let's get started shall we?

{A} Attendance
When the engagement excitement eventually wore off - it came time to think about planning the wedding.  Choosing the location and creating the guest list was probably the most difficult task.  For the first six months of being engaged we flip flopped between an at home wedding (insert a big wedding) or a destination wedding (insert small wedding).  Since Steve and I are both people who do not enjoy being centre of attention - we decided that a destination wedding was a) more our style b) more intimate c) less complicated.

However with choosing a destination wedding - it actually becomes more complicated when assembling your guest list and selecting your destination.  Money is always a factor.  Location and hotel accommodations are also huge.  As in the end you will never be able to accommodate each guests budget and or comfort level.  Which ultimately means that some key guests won't be able to attend.  Bummer!

But we persevered and with that we finalized a list of roughly 40 guests invited to join us for a week of fun in the sun.  Thankfully 20 of them were able to join us.  It was the perfect mix of friends and family for a perfect week.

Missing:Val, Dave, Randalin, Kris & Kale
Missing: Randalin, Kris & Kale

3 comments:

  1. I have been seeing the wedding ABC's around the blogosphere and can't wait to do my own. Great pictures, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great! a perfect way to remember your big day! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I'm looking forward to the rest of these posts :)

    PS - How lame are we for missing these pictures???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.