6.21.2011

Wedding ABC's | Engagement

{E} Engagement 
I honestly believed that Steve and I would remain life-long girlfriend & boyfriend.  I had hinted at getting married by sending him various links to websites and pictures of rings- but he never really seemed that interested.  That was fine with me or at least that's what I made him believe.  In reality I was secretly scoping out wedding dresses online, reading wedding blogs, and dreaming up a wedding that I was sure would never happen.  I mean come on we had been dating since 2002 - and just recently celebrated our eight year dating anniversary - if it was going to happen it would have happened already, right? 

On March 18, 2010 - Steve and I were planned to depart on a three week vacation to Vietnam to celebrate turning 30 [and to mourn no longer being in our 20's].  I assumed that this would be the trip he would propose on - and if he didn't I would know for sure that it would never happen.  Well to my surprise - Steve proposed a mere few hours before we were to head to the airport. I didn't expect it.  I looked awful.  I wasn't prepared for it.  It was casual.  I didn't cry.  I loved that moment - so much. It was perfect. It was special. And I loved that we were about to leave and spend three solid weeks with each other travelling to new and old places a country that we both hold close to our hearts. It was the perfect way to start our transition from boyfriend & girlfriend to fiance & fiancee.

Seriously - check out how happy this couple is gallivanting the Vietnamese countryside newly engaged.  It makes you want to vomit a little.  Sorry about that.


Even though it is vomit inducing I do highly recommend that every newly engaged couple go on some sort of engagement-moon - It seriously is the best.ever!  It's a special way to celebrate a special moment with that special someone.

Missing something?  Get caught up here as I recap our wedding, from A-Z. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, seriously - Viki is right. This is true throw up material.

    On the other hand, I'm so very impressed at your ability to take self-portraits and get both of your heads in the actual frame. That's true talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.