6.27.2011

Wedding ABC's | Father of the Bride

{F} Father Of The Bride 
This subject matter seems perfectly timed since my dear pseudo father is currently visiting from England.  Since we had a destination wedding and not everyone could attend {and I am not ready to get really personal  - yet} I was in need of someone to 'give me away'.  Actually I just wanted someone to walk me down the aisle.  I needed the support.  Just in case I tripped and fell {it's known to happen}.  I needed someone there to pick me up - just in case.  I needed someone to wait with me while everyone was waiting at the ceremony site - there was no way I was going to do that alone. 

Originally we had asked my pseudo dad, Brandon, to be our officiant - but we then came to realize that it's a lot more complicated to sort that out when marrying out of the country.  Actually I don't even think it's legally  possible in Cuba? I was bummed out about this at first because we both really wanted Brandon to be a part of our day. 

Brandon and I have known each other since grade 10 {or tenth grade}.  We became instant friends and have been ever since.  I am sure there are some good stories I could share - but let's just say we grew up together.  Steve and Brandon also played in a band together at some point in their teenage/early adolescent years. Apparently an awesome band?! If you know them - I'm sure you've been lucky enough to hear some tracks.  I wish I could tell you this was their band attire because it's pretty rad - but we can just pretend!!



Brandon and Steve were friends before Steve and I met. He was the reason we ended up hangin' in the same circle.  He's close to Steve and I - but in different ways.  He was the perfect person to walk me down the aisle. He even made sure I got my shoes off - without falling!  He's a great pseudo dad.

Missing something?  Get caught up here as I recap our wedding, from A-Z. 

2 comments:

  1. Your wedding dress was sooo gorgeous! My brother will be the officiant at our wedding which will be so great to have someone close to me perform the ceremony! I'm hosting a giveaway for a beautiful pair of pearl earrings, be sure to stop by and enter!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of him to walk you down the aisle...and to make sure you didn't trip. :) Phew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.