8.19.2011

Wedding ABC's | Hen Night

{H} Hen Night
I would have loved to dedicate this section to our honeymoon - but alas we have not yet taken our honeymoon.  The timing just hasn't been right.  But don't worry - there is a honeymoon in the works.  It changes day by day.  And honestly - I don't have the time or energy to put into planning a honeymoon at the moment.  My work life has become extremely busy - so by the time I am home I just want to sit and do nothing.  So that's what I do.

Anyhow - I have decided to share with you a few details of my girls night out, my hen night.  I don't necessarily like to refer to myself as a hen, but to follow suit with the letters - Hen Night it is. Also this post comes in good time as I have a bachelorette to attend tomorrow evening. 

Since I was planning a wedding away - it didn't really seem appropriate to have a bridal shower.  So we decided to tack it on to the hen night to make it easier for everyone.  I didn't do much of the planning - I left that all to my bestie Jen.  She planned a nice dinner at a restaurant that we both frequented for lunch dates quite often, Joey Don Mills.  There was a good turnout - however since it was planned in the mid of February - a winter storm rolled in and a few people couldn't make it.   The second low point - my sister-in-law had her wallet stolen!  So random.  But besides that - it was a great meal - with great people.


After dinner a few of us made our way to the hotel to drop off our things and do a little pre-drinking before hitting El Convento Rico which is an amazing salsa club with an awesome midnight drag show. I am totally dying to go back - good thing Jen is getting married soon.

At the hotel we played some drinking games - until it was decided that we could no longer drink Bacardi Breezers that quickly. Too sugary to chug.  We all needed beer pronto.  So we got in a cab - and the rest of the night went a little something like this.


OK, looks pretty safe right?  Well I saved you from looking at all the super embarrassing photos. Don't you worry - those are tucked away for safe keeping.  All in all the evening was perfect.  I wouldn't change a thing (besides those guests who couldn't make it - however we made up for it at the disco in Cuba).  Can't wait to dance up a storm this weekend & next.

Missing something?  Get caught up here as I recap our wedding, from A-Z. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.