12.08.2011

Dear Santa,

I'm still here - however December arrived and then things got all busy. And I purchased the Scrabble app and it consumed my evenings, middle of the night wake-ups, mornings.  Oh and I pulled out my sewing machine and to get some practice on my holiday sewing - and guess what that left me with zero time to blog.  But I am alright with that!  Because I am working on designing a few {two for me and one for my ever-so-trusting sister-in-law}.

In the midst of all that  - I have been online-window-shopping for holiday gifts.  Of course as I browse - I naturally find more gifts for myself. Then I wish I had more money.  But I work too much to take a part time job - and since Steve and I don't buy each other gifts {seriously our love is gift enough} I am left to dream about the wonderful things I want {err need}.  My friend Randalin at Harvesting Kale laid out her wish-list for her son so beautifully that I had to follow suit.  As the CEO of my work would say "R&D - Rob and Duplicate"  there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Here are a few things I am wishing for ..because there is always a bill that needs to be paid that makes these things unreachable.

But first, before you go explore, turn on this to get in the mood.  Because what's sweeter than Zooey Deschanel's voice?!



  1. {Camp Cooking - The Black Feather Guide: Eating Well in the Wild}
    For those of you who have been around here awhile you know that this past summer Steve and I morphed from non-camping-apprehensiveaboutbears people into camping-whocaresaboutbears people {read about that here}.  We plan to get in much more camping next summer.  But we can't just eat burgers.  And bacon.  And french toast.  Well we could - but I want to experiment. I need to fine tune my outdoor cooking skills. 
  2. {Bodum - FYRKAT Picnic Charcoal Grill}
    Because sometime cooking over the fire just isn't practical - or comfortable.  And hopefully if I have this I can convince Steve to picnic with me. 
  3. {TNA - Classic Flannel}
    Because sometimes camping is cold.  And the woods requires you to wear flannel.
  4. {Adobe Photoshop CS5 - Classroom in a Book
    I like to pretend that I know how to use Photoshop - but to be honest it frightens me.  There are so many buttons and functions that I have no idea about.  I know how to level, brighten, and apply lenses.  That's it.  I need to learn more because I have a gazillion vacation pictures that need some loving.  
  5. {Sony Compact External Flash}
    Well because doesn't every wannabe photographer need a flashy-flash?!  And also I would like to one day retire and assist my sister-in-law with her budding photography business.  Oh and if I could just take better photos - maybe I wouldn't need to rely so much on Photoshop.
  6. {Photo a Day Photo Album}
    Because I need somewhere to showcase my new skills.
  7. {TNA - Cropped Deerfield Duffle Coat
    This will be my third season wearing my winter coat.  It's black.  It's warm.  But it's old.  The lining is ripping.  The pockets have holes in them which has resulted in coins and who knows what else to become trapped between the lining and jacket.  But most of all it's boring.  This pretty red coat would really make my day - everyday. 
  8. {Sorel - Winter Carnival
    Well because first of all I don't own a pair of winter boots.  The last few winters have been mildish that we haven't got the snow we usually get.  So I have made it through without ever buying boots.  By the way - I live in Canada. And my feet get terribly cold and then I get grumpy.  It's time to end this.  I actually do NEED these boots. 
  9. {Twilight Convertible Bella's Mittens}
    I haven't read or seen Twilight - but these mittens are amazing.  All mittens should be this long.  Arms get cold too. 
  10. {Initial Necklace
    I have been eying this baby for over a year.  I don't know why I have never bought it.  But I want it - badly.  With an E and an S. 

4 comments:

  1. You can rob and duplicate me any time lady! I live your list - I'm going to steal a few ideas for my own dear Santa list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...I've been listening to She and Him Christmas CONSTANTLY. Second, I love all the camping gear included in your wish list!! And I just noticed you added my button to your sidebar. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to everything on your list. I want it all....except the birdie necklace with an E and S. I love you guys, but.......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.