1.30.2012

Music Monday: Top Five Favourite Songs from an Artist/Band

I totally bombed our meal plan last week.  We got one meal out of four in. We just got caught up in the daily grind and I basically ended up eating cereal for a few dinners.  Therefor I am moving last weeks meal plan to this week - and will try again.  Because I am not a quitter.  Click here to read about that {if you want}. 

But I can't deprive you of a post.  I am on a role this month.  Did you notice? In the past I was lucky if I could pump out 5 posts a month.  But I am trying my best to be more active.  It's a good outlet for me.  

A few weeks ago I put together what I thought was an amazing SoCal Punk Rock Workout playlist only to have Steve laugh and tell me that it was funny.  Apparently I could have chosen a few better songs.  What does he know?!  Well I had so much fun pulling it together that when I stumbled across a new link up 'Music Monday' that Kristen over at Confessions of a Graphic Design Student has started I was instantly excited.  And perfect timing.  I was wondering why I hadn't come across a music linkup and it's about time someone did it.

This weeks theme is:
 

{Your top 5 favorite songs from a single artist or band}

This is a tough one. There are many bands that I would consider my favourite - but if I am forced to pick just one it would have to be Coheed and Cambria. I can't get enough of this band. I was lucky enough to see them live back in 2002. When they were still smallish. Now they sell out and I can't justify to pay the ticket price to see them live in an awful venue.
Here are my five favourite Coheed and Cambria songs:
 
1. Time Consumer - Second Stage Turbine Blade
This song brings me back to the summer of 2002. And pinpoints the time that I fell in love with this band. It is also the summer that Steve left for South Korea - and when I realized that we were more than just friends. {If you're so inclined you can read about that here}

2. The Velourium Camper I: Faint Of Heart - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3
3. Blood Red Summer - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3
Both songs 2 & 3 bring me back to living in our first apartment in Vietnam.  Some of the happiest days of my life.

4. Welcome Home - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness
5. Feathers - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 2: No World for Tomorrow
This songs brings me back to my second year of college 2007/2008 - when Steve and I were commuting back and forth to Toronto.  This song got a lot of air play - therefor I was made to like.

Enjoy!


Get more music over at Kristen's



2 comments:

  1. Woo!! I love Coheed and Cambria! Thanks for participating :) Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe before you introduced me to these songs today that I had never heard any of them before? I love this band!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.