1.22.2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: Week 2

Last week I quickly participated in Scavenger Hunt Sunday {if you missed it click here} host by Ashley at Ramblings and Photos.  By quickly I mean I found it and then went around the house looking for inspiration.  This week wasn't much different.  I remember this afternoon that I needed to snap the a few of following five shots .  I hope as I continue to participate in these challenges I wont always leave it to the last minute. 

Here is what I came up with this week.

1. Sunset:  I totally missed the sunset all week.  Actually I am convinced that the sun never rose at all.  It's been so dark, drab, and dreary.  Typical Canadian January.  However I do like the lighting of dusk.


2. Black & White:  I could have been more creative then snapping a photo in black & white.  But I like this photo {even if it's a tad bit blurry}.  This is Basil - and he got a new toy.  They are just getting acquainted.


3. Day in My Life:  Steve and I went out for brunch.  Well I had brunch - he had chicken wings.  We try to get out for brunch on the weekend at least once.  It's usually the best part of the week.

I hate the straw in the pic - if I knew how to remove it I would have {iPhone pic}

4. Four:  I struggled with this one.  Then I was preparing to do laundry and this is why you get four quarters.  Yes that's a moose on our quarter.


5. Colourful:  I won these super cozy socks in a giveaway last December.  Seriously so warm and comfy.


Check out other scavenged finds over at Ashley's and congratulate her on her BIG news.




22 comments:

  1. Great shots...love black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Love the brunch pic, great snapshot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so realistic photos !!! And everyday life can be interesting and colorful if you are eble to see it. Sunset is that whatit is in everyday : a little bit of pink in the sky. Colorful is so cute and cat is adorable and B&W is nice pic like your a day in your life pic too.

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my photos in http://nukkekotinukke.blogspot.com/2012/01/scavenger-hunt-sunday-221.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun...I'll have to participate in the scavenger hunt next week. Your quarters are cooler than ours! And a weekly brunch is a great tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection! Love the lunch photo and your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot, love the cat and the socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Basil is so cute and I got some socks like those for Christmas and they are so soft and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah...I recognize that 'blissed out' look in your kitty's eyes! Isn't it amazing how a new toy full of catnip can make them happy?

    Thanks for commenting on my scavenger hunt series today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute photos & adorable idea! I am your newest follower! I would appreciate it if you came over to my blog and followed me back. I am currently hosting a giveaway which includes free digital scrap booking software! Come check it out at:
    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-memories-software-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the socks!! And yes there is a recipe
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-thai-coconut-chicken-soup-50400000118583/ this is on cooking light. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work - really love your sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos...black and white is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovin the socks!! and what a sweet kitty shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great set! Love your four photo. I never would have thought of photographing four quarters.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Scavenger Hunt idea! I followed the link to the host blogger...so maybe I'll join up one of these weeks. I, like you, could totally end up procrastinating though!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Basil looks like he will love his new toy! great captures all around.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your four shot, very cool!

    Thanks for commenting on my own photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. those socks look super comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like so much fun! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the picture of your cat. I love the look on his/her face. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.