1.29.2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: Week 3

I don't know about you but I have a love hate relationship with Sundays.  But I love everything about Scavenger Hunt Sunday - host by Ramblings & Photos.  Because I am a scavenger - not a very good one mind you.  This weeks items were a bit of a challenge.  But I persevered and managed to capture all five with my DSLR.  Let's check out my interpretations this week shall we?

1. Smile
I wish I could have had a better model.  This is how I look on Sunday morning.  This is as big a smile I could muster up.  This could also fall under the artificial category.


2. Stand Alone
Basil is observing the activity of the neighbourhood tom cats.  Actually I think they aren't really tom cats - but there are several of them.  I kind of feel bad that Basil can't go out and play - for fear that he would pummel them to their untimely death {or get hit by a car}.  Thus he must remain a lonely observer.


3.  Rusty or Something Old
This was tricky.  I looked for awhile for something rusty.  OK well I didn't go outside because I didn't feel like venturing out into the arctic.   So I gave up and started looking for something old.   I don't know how old this acoustic guitar is - but it looks like it's been well played. 


4. Artificial 
Luckily we don't have real mice in our house - however Basil does enjoy these artificial mice .  I am giving the new guy two weeks tops. 


5. Repeating Pattern
This was so hard to find.  I don't know why.  This is the floor tile in my bathroom.  I made it black and white because I didn't need you all to see the real colour.  It's pink and black.  Like the entire bathroom.  Right out of the 50's.  We live in a rental - so we deal with it.


If you like looking at pretty pictures - go over to Ashley's and feast your eyes

14 comments:

  1. haha. I like when you said your smile could fall under artificial too :) cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the famous pink and black bathroom tile. I once took a crow bar to our bathroom..which had same said tile...and now my husband hides the crow bar from me. (after remodeling the bathroom I might add)

    I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never fail to rent apartments with terrible bathroom tile. It must be some rite of passage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stand alone and guitar shot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to remember this on Sundays. It looks so fun. Remind me next week to participate okay? :) Our cats do the same thing at the window. They want to be outdoor cats or at least they think they do, but they are so spoiled they wouldn't last a day on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo, awesome interpretations lady! I should start doing this :-)
    By the way, we are also members of the pink tile club. The joys of renting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stand alone! Cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics Em! Hope you had a great weekend. Missed you guys last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Great photo of you!! And I just love your Basil photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No pink tile for us. But there is some pretty gross grime trapping stuff in our rental. It's disgusting.

    Does one need a fancy camera to join such a linky?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job with these - I really like your first two shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea so much!! I think I need to start participating! The tile picture is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shots, adore your stand alone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.