2.16.2012

Journey Forward: Definition

We are now already a month and a half into twenty dozen and at this point most new year resolution makers have already given up their goals for the new year.  This year I set out to accomplish 12 smaller more attainable goals.  To be quite honest - I was clearly way too ambitious. 

I am going to get all serious on you here.  Yesterday I stumbled on Chelsea's blog, Life is a Sunset, and read that she was starting a new linkup called Journey Forward. And instead of resolving to change things we aren't happy with about ourselves - instead you select one word that you want to strive to become/do/be.  I wasn't really sure if I wanted to participate because I had already committed myself to so much already this year that I didn't think I could handle any more blogspectations. 

After some thought I decided that I wanted to participate in this challenge because that's what I want this blog to be about.  I want it to reflect my life, my goals, my challenges.  I don't just want it to be about my cute cat, my post-wedding-planning depression, or what I cooked for dinner last week.  I started this blog to document our first year of marriage.  At the time I didn't know what that meant - and to be honest I still don't.  But I do know one thing -  this blog keeps me accountable and in check.  With that - I reviewed my goals and identified a common theme and was able to come up with a word that represents the goals I set for 2012.

As part of the Journey Forward challenge this week we are to define the word with the dictionary definition and then define it ourselves and share what that word means to me. So with that long intro here is the word I selected.


When looking back at my goals for 2012 this is how I define the word create.  To create means to grow as a person.  To make something.  To do something.  To remember something. In 2012, I want to create memories. I want to capture those memories through pictures. Through words.  I want to create myself as a wife.  A friend. A professional. And most importantly as an individual.  I want to create things.  Sew.  Cook. Learn. Craft. Do. Be. 

I am hoping that this Journey Forward challenge will keep me inspired as I create my way through 2012.






8 comments:

  1. Gosh, I loved reading this! First, let me just say if there comes a time where you have too many other things going on and can't take part in the link-up for a little, no worries! The biggest thing that matters is that the word we want to focus on is in our heart :)

    Second, I'm really glad you are participating though because I think create is such an inspiring word! Everyday we have the chance to create something and create things within ourselves! I love it!! Can't wait to read along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and good word you chose...so many different outlets to 'create' in...good luck girl!

    New follower...just have to say your blog is adorable, love the design and can't wait to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Emily. I love your new definition of create and I can't wait to see you do it. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've focused on the numerous meanings behind the word create - it seems super empowering the way you've put it here, "create myself..." - so beautiful. I'm glad you decided to do this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's also something I'm liking about this link up. It's going to be such a great way to make sure we keep working on our goals and to evaluate our progress.

    I love all the aspects you incorporated into the word create. You included the fun stuff like creating memories but didn't shy away from the more difficult aspects of creating your identity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily, I look forward to reading more about how you create new things this year!

    p.s. I love your clean blog design, and that you admit that you love cats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great word! I can't wait to follow along your progress in Journey Forward :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.