2.27.2012

Music Monday: One Hit Wonders

So I am basically Internet famous now or at least have made some headway in the blogging world.  Over the weekend I gained 100 GFC followers.  It was exciting!  I am excited.  Thanks for following bloggy friends.  It's nice to know that peeps are semi-interested in what I have to say.  However I will soak up my 15-minutes of fame and enjoy it while it lasts.


Speaking of 15 minutes of fame - Kristen from Confessions of a Graphic Design Student is hosting Music Monday and today's theme is One Hit Wonders.  I seriously had so much fun pulling this list together.  There are so many great one hit wonders out there - but I had to stick true to my roots.  The great Hip Hop legends of the 90's.  I did have a hard time keeping this list to only five song - so I stuck with seven.  But trust me - they are all gems.  If you're not dancing by the end of this set I'll be surprised. Kick back and enjoy some Monday tunes. 


Okay so the first song 'Unbelievable by EMF' might not fit into the hip hop genre - but can I tell you a story about this song?  Well picture a young 13 year old Emily.   She loved to dance.  She loved choreographed dancing.  Her school had a talent show.  She convinced a friend to enter with her.  The made up a dance routine.  They practiced - endlessly.  They had it memorized.  It was show day.  Emily was nervous.  The song started.  Emily forgot the steps.  Emily ran off the stage and left her friend to fend for herself.   It was embarrassing.  The end. 

Also I would like to thank Steve for his contribution to the list this week - he suggested that I remove the Kriss Kross song I had planned on and sub it with 'Here Comes the Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze'.  You're welcome for that.  Kriss Kross - was REALLY BAD!

Get your music fill here.



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! It has been so much fun to watch our blogs grow together, when we met they were both itty bitty! (I'll stop talking like my blog is my child now.) I'm not surprised your blog is taking off, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats to you! Very exciting! Keep up all the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I knew you before you were famous.

    And, um, any chance you still know the steps to that dance? I wouldn't mind recreating that memory (minus the running off stage part).

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! congrats on reaching over 100 followers, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these...great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay congrats on the big 1-0-0. Love your blog...and you of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that's hilarious! reminds me of doing a dance routine with my friend elise in 7th grade to footloose... she convinced me to audition at tryouts, but my mom would not let me dance in the show, even though we made it into the show. good times.

    hey, congrats on 100 followers... yes, it's official. you're a "real" blogger now! =)
    glad i could help.

    i remember when i made it to 100. it was so nice to see the number go from two digits to three. it made it feel like a whole lot more than just ninety-nine plus one. here's to a few hundred more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on reaching 100! Wooo! You're kind of a big deal now... and this playlist? is freaking awesome. I'm so glad you went with 90's hip hop.. I was so close to keeping "rebirth of slick" on mine. great song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yea 100 followers, you have made it big in the blogging world!!! WHOP WHOP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.