2.20.2012

Music Monday: Tribute Songs

When Kristen gave us the topic for this weeks songpiration - Tribute Songs - I immediately thought of Kurt Cobain.  I can't even begin to explain my love for Nirvana - which I am sure most teenagers of the early 90's can relate to.  I am sure like most, the news of Kurt Cobain's passing in 1994 effected them in some way.  At the young age of 14 I am sure my reaction wasn't mature enough to understand the complexities of it.  But nonetheless - I remember it. 

To this day I can't not listen to a Nirvana song when it pops up on the radio.  And it was definitely difficult to not put the entire Nevermind album on this play list.  It's that good. So kick your feet back and listen to the sweet riffs {does Nirvana even have riffs?  Remind me to ask Steve} of one of the greatest bands ever. 






7 comments:

  1. Such a good choice, I never even THOUGHT of Nirvana when I was making my playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cobain is a legend! I'm glad you chose Nirvana to pay tribute to this week. Thanks for linking up girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Music Mondays...I turn off my pandora radio station and tune into yours. :) PS I'm super excited about your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love Nirvana! I have an obsession with Dave Grohl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)def LOVE nirvana! and such a great idea! i do like music Mondays!

    http://infinitelifefintess.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the best music of all time!!!!

    Fun fact: I was in Canada the day he died. {Okay, that wasn't very fun. But it *is* a fact.}

    I feel like I'm blowing up your inbox BIG TIME today. That's because I was traveling for work the last two days...so now I'm playing catch up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.