3.13.2012

Emily 'Not So Awkward' Hope

I feel like we are all still in the introductory stages here.  But aren't you really wondering what a younger version of Emily was like?  I know you are probably losing sleep over it. But not to worry - I am here to fix that.  Well let me tell you awesomeness like this just doesn't happen over night. 


This takes years of grooming.  And preparation.  And a whole ton of awkwardness.  I mean I had to go through a few hurdles to achieve this.  But trust me - in the end it was all worth it.  just look at me?  Have you ever seen anyone cooler?  I doubt it.

So first of all - I started drinking at an early age.  This is probably the reason why I can could drink most men under the table.  My veins are not only full of awesome - but beer as well. 

{please note that this picture is staged - I was by no means an alcoholic as a child or allowed to consume beer instead of milk}
Then I stated sporting  cowboy hats and took up smoking cigarettes and wearing dirty clothes.  Not awkward at all right?  No way. I look totally awesome. 

{again I am not really smoking - but I can understand if your questioning if I had parents - trust me I was supervised}
 And then I went to high school.  And things got awkward.  Thankfully there aren't too many pictures floating around (since I burned most of them).  I stopped brushing my hair - because I thought it was cool.  I bleached it.  I dyed it pink. blue. green.  I pierced my nose.  I wore old lady cardigans and old man pants.  I did all of this under the assumption that it was upping my coolness factor - little did I know it was not.   Sadly I don't have a better quality photo to show you as an example - but you can get the gist of it from this photograph.  Seriously though - why did anyone hang out with me?


However I did manage to make it through all this alive.  And I am now somewhat less awkward than those days.  But to be perfectly honest I don't think the awkwardness really ever stops........But I can't leave you there.  Our friends Brandon and Karen pulled together this photo montage from old photos of Steve and I (and some friends) for our wedding.  Watch our relationship evolve one awkward photo at a time.  But - please pinky swear before you watch this that you won't die from too much laughter?!  I will not be held liable.  


If you're brave enough - share your awkward photos here



Heavenly Blossoms Faves & Finds Linky PartyConfessions of a GDS

14 comments:

  1. OHH>>> and beer, cigarettes AND piercings... girl! thanks for linking up! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The last picture is just great.

    katelyn-innervision.blogspot.com

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that video! 8 full minutes of pictures? I'm jealous. I think we could only do 5. ;) It was so nice of them to do that. Great post lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad I can't see the video! But I absolutely loveee all your photos- lol! I love how the definition of "cool" changes constantly... at least you were havin a rockin good time, right?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture with you and the beer. I have a picture of myself when I was about 2 or 3 with a bottle of beer too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beer and cigs pictures. I have one similar (with a cigarette) that holds a special place in my heart. ;) Ahhh, the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is total awesome-sauce. Your blonde hair is definitely my fave based on all the different options witnessed via slideshow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I did all of this under the assumption that it was upping my coolness factor" Hahaha, this gave me a great laugh this morning. You my dear are truly one-of-a-kind, in the best way possible. So happy to have "met" you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha ha. i love the smoking baby! Good work on the awkwardness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freaking awesome! I've been smiling all the way through your post. I found you on I Blog 4 Me. I'd love it if you'd share this post on my new blog hop - it's all about inspiring stories and I think you nailed it here. Either way, I'm a new follower and I can't wait to keep reading!
    Paula at Welcoming Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're hilarious. I must have missed the part where not brushing your hair was cool. It was most likely because I was having my own crisis with thick nerd glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that is priceless! I have a photo taken in OAC with my friends. We actually went to Sears and had a photo done...what? yup! I had short spikey lesbian hair at the time and it didn't help that I was obsessed with wearing overalls LOL I've burned and buried all known copies of that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was awesome!!! LOOOOVE the rehash of the Karate Kid song....you gotta tell me that....I feel like I heard it way back when but not sure!!! Ahh the 90's....the days of manic panic, and ball chain necklaces!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.