3.20.2012

Honeymooniversary

Did I mention that I was going on a belated honeymooniversary?  Yep.  This weekend.  Am I packed?  Nope.  Do I have everything I need?  Again the answer is no.  Am I stressed out?  Oh yes.  But no biggie - Steve and I have been on a few big trips so this should be like an old hat.  Except How on earth am I going to get everything done by Friday.  But hey I can't complain because I am going to Thailand B**ches.  I hope you aren't too jealous - I will be thinking of you while I enjoy my tropical surroundings.

So here is the finalized itinerary.  Steve asked me just last night if I wanted to switch beaches.  Seriously?  72 hours prior?  I declined.


We are starting in Bangkok for two days and then will make our way north to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.  As much as I am excited about the beach - I am really excited to explore up north because neither of us have been there before.  There are a plethora of activities planned; zip lining, temple hopping, hill tribe visiting, elephant riding.  You know everyday travel stuff.  The last 5 days will be spent on the beach you know snorkeling, swimming, drinking, tanning, sleeping, eating.

However the next few days are going to be hectic.  I have to pull out all my summer clothes.  Realize that I packed on too many pounds during my hibernation - and.....try on my bathing suit.  I am currently drinking a beer in preparation of that.  I don't suspect it will go over well.  Wish me luck?

p.s.  If you have any awesome packing tips send them my way because I clearly suck at it.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my. I am SO excited for you!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when you return <3
    BE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys have a wonderful time!
    I too have packed on too many hibernation pounds! lol I wen to put on a pair of "summer" pj's the other nigh aka boxer shorts :) and sadly they didn't fit. I can't handle muffin topping in my pj's LOL yikes, clearly I need to put my running shoes to use again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i missed a couple of letters in the spelling of several words in that comment...has nothing to do with the wine I've consumed tonight I swear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! I've always wanted to travel to Thailand! BTW, I'm right there with you on putting on the pounds in hibernation. Winter sucks sometimes. It's those I can eat whatever I want holidays that kill us. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah! DEFINITELY jealous! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Good luck with your packing... I always do mine the night before. And without fail I'm running around like a crazy girl in Wal Mart trying to hunt down everything I forgot I needed.... HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How awesome! Have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my fave traveling tips: put each pair of shoes inside a shower cap so they don't get dirt all over your clothes while in your suitcase. have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you guys. And, it is slightly shocking to realize you have to wear a swim suit {when it's still winter-ish weather} at home. However, the up side is that you'll come back with a sweet tan and your friends will be jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh enjoy!!!! I want to go to Thailand so badly!!

    My biggest tip for packing is rolling your clothes. You can pack wayyyy more than usual.

    Enjoy your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous! Riding Elephants! That sounds totally awesome! And for packing... do not forget q-tips and razors (we always forget!) and bring a plastic bag for dirty laundry so the rest of your suitcase does not get smelly! :) Have the most amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds absolutely amazing! Also, I couldn't help but think of the Hangover 2 when I saw your map and I definitely said, "Bangkok has them" in my mind. I hope you have all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like an amazing trip is planned!! & who cares about a little winter coat? we all do it, so you just rock that bikini & have a damn good time :) can't wait to read about yalls adventures over there! I really want to go to Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yahoo! Hope you guys have fun! When I pack, I just always remind myself that no matter how many shirts and shorts I pack, I inevitably end up wearing the same two shirts every single day because I'm a) lazy and b) swimming and thus not wearing a shirt anyway. Reminding myself of this always helps me toss a few shirts out of the bag. It's lighter that way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily! That is going to be amazing! I am dying to go to Thailand, so I can't wait to hear all about it and see your photos. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have fun girl, what an awesome trip to take :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.