3.04.2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: Week 7

This past week felt hectic.  Our anniversary was approaching.  We were both sick (still are).  We had to get our passports in order.  Our car got hit.  UGH.  Needless to say I didn't really fit in time to capture my shots for this week so these, again, are some lame interpretations for this weeks themes.

1. Routine
We don't really roll on much of a routine here.  The alarm goes off.  I press snooze.  Depending on how much sleep I get I could be pressing snooze for an hour.  We never have time for breakfast.  And almost always running out the door.  The only routine is the hygiene routine - naturally.  So you are welcome a photograph of out toothbrushes.


2. Music
This one should have been easy - but I didn't have the energy to set up the shot.  I wanted to use some of Steve's old cassettes (he has too so many).  However they are at the bottom of a box - and I didn't want to rip it apart because basically I didn't want to have to clean it up.  So here you are - a fake shot of me pretending to listen to music.  It works right?  Even though I look like a huge grump. 


3. Technology
We are slaves to technology.  There I said it.  OK - really I am more of a slave than Steve.  We recently got iPhones - and life hasn't been the same.  Instagram?  Hello!  Best app ever.  I should probably dedicate a Scavenger Hunt Sunday to my Instagram captures.  I also have a blackberry - for work.  Yes I currently carry two phones.  Emily = Technology Slave.  And our PlayStation brings us the entertainment of Netflix.  How could I survive without all these things?  I probably couldn't.


4. Show Me Your Style
Umm...don't judge me here but it's the weekend and this is how I roll on the weekend.  If I could have it my way I'd be in my PJ's from Friday night to Monday morning.  I don't even care if they match {this shot could probably fall in the Mismatch theme} - it's comfort I am after.  I mean look at that smile - that's bliss right there folks.


and this is how Basil rolls - pretty much all the time.


5.Mismatch
I really just needed an excuse to show off the amazing anniversary flowers that Steve had delivered to the house yesterday.  First of all I rarely get flowers and second I NEVER have had them delivered before.  Seriously that's all I needed to make the day perfect.  Look at these babies - aren't they gorgeous?



21 comments:

  1. Love your set! I'm right there with ya on style. Comfort is key. Love the cat pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the PJ's. Stayed in mine until 5pm on Saturday, which I consider my shining accomplishment of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers (and picture of them) are gorgeous. I really like your style shot and agree that pj's are the best for the weekend. The picture of your cat is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how similar are we? I think I wore the exact outfit all weekend! Haha too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flowers. Makes one feel like royalty having them delivered.My PJ's go from Monday morning to Friday night :-)Together we complete the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pjs never match either. You are in good company there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun shots. I love your kitty shot..

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you're having a rough week. sorry. at least it's sunday... let's hope the week ahead is better!

    i think you did just fine with your interpretations. LOVE the cat shot. super adorable. and what a sweet name for a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And one more thing, I tagged you in a post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally look the same way during the weekend...love that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your weekend style because mine is exactly the same! And your flowers are beautiful! I hope you two had a special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your weekend look and your Basil is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh technology..how I could write a whole novel about how much time I waste with you! Iphones, Instagram, emailing, watching clips, etc!

    I love this post!!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES for toothbrushes. I almost took a picture of mine. If I were on a desert island and could only take one thing with me, I have a hard time not wanting to choose my toothbrush.

    Also, YAY for flowers! I've never had them delivered before either. +10 for Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun mix of photos! Your cat is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am ALL about pj's all day! comfort in the house is key :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hah, that totally looks like me on the weekend. I have some horribly embarrassing Chip and Dale knock-off fleece pj bottoms. =X

    ReplyDelete
  18. i swear last week was bad for everyone! sheesh... sorry about your sickness and car! :(

    but, i absolutely love your PJ get up- I'm wearing something very similar right now! and those flowers are soooo beautiful! receiving flowers always makes you feel like the most special person on the planet :) hope you feel better soon, love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there!
    I love your pictures. Have you noticed that a ton of people are doing the Photo A Day Challenge! I am going to be posting my own photo a day challenge for May! Be sure and join in on the fun!!!! Make sure to email me your link so I can follow along with your fun picture taking! http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/
    crazyannie91@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.