4.04.2012

Allison from Nestful of Love

Can I just tell you that I love Allison!  There I said it.  Allison blogs over at Nestful of Love.  We initially connected over our love of cats.  Then we realized that we shared a love of crafting.  She recently has taken up sewing - so I think some sew-a-longs are definitely in the works.  Allison was my first blog friend - but I think our relationship has blossomed past that.  I mean she sent me a valentine and an anniversary card.  We are basically blog besties.  Trust me after you read what she has to say you'll love her too - go over and check out her blog and leave her some serious love.


Hello wonderful friends of Emily! I'm Allison and I blog over at Nestful of love. First of all isn't Emily just great? She was my first blog friend turned real friend here in blog world. I just love her spunk and the way she can laugh at herself. Someday we are going to meet, have a dance party, eat amazing Pioneer woman food and then sew until our hands hurt. We might even watch Dirty Dancing. {Emily here - Oh yes!  We will be watching Dirty Dancing}

Since you love Emily and I love Emily we should probably be friends. Here are a few things you probably need to  know about me:

First of all I am in love...with my husband. We met in high school and just can't seem to get enough of each other. (Do you want to puke yet?) But really...he's amazing. We are both teachers and have been married for almost 3 years. We still feel like newlyweds and I am secretly jealous of all of you who still are. Is it wrong to still bring up your wedding 3 years later? I'm not sick of it so why should everyone else be? Haha.


Second, I love the outdoors! I love camping, hiking, canoeing, the list goes on. For our one year anniversary my husband and I went to Gatlinburg and hiked 16 miles in just 4 days and we loved it. We even saw a rattle snake and got excited. Is that weird?


Third, I love Pioneer Woman. I guarantee if you stop by my blog I will manage to bring up Pioneer woman someway, somehow. My husband says I never enjoyed cooking before I found her cookbook and I guess I will have to agree.

Fourth, I love my 2 cats. I will admit it....I am a crazy cat lady. I am not ashamed. I take lots and lots of pictures of them and wave goodbye to them as I drive away for work. Do you still want to be my friend?

Fifth, I love being crafty. My ideal day of relaxation would involve some type of craft. I actually just opened my own Etsy shop and guess who was the first paying customer? Emily of course!

Thanks for letting me take over your blog Emily, you're awesome!

Check out Allison here and say hello!  
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the picture where you're hugging the big orange kitty? That alone makes me want to read your blog. SOOOO cute!!

    *possibly a fellow crazy cat lady*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Emily. Thanks for making me blush. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing that you two are blog turned real life frinds! You are both part of my daily reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to go check out your blog - I was sold by your love for the Pioneer Woman. I think she is the best! She's hilarious and I like that I crack up reading her commentary while trying to cook... so fun! Your blog button is gorgeous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.