4.20.2012

Dear Family

In case you haven't noticed, and you should have, I have been on a tiny blog hiatus.  Unfortunately this was not because I wanted to but because something happened.  Something devastating.  Something that will never be forgotten.  With that I would like to dedicate my Friday's Letters to my family.


Dear Steve I can't imagine the pain you're feeling.  Losing a parent.  Your father.  I wish I could somehow make it feel better.  Take away the pain. The grief.  The sadness.  It breaks my heart to know you are hurting so much. But you've been so strong through all of this so far.  I know this is for your family.  And an amazing family at that.  I know that one day you are going to be an amazing father - just like your dad.  And you will be able to pass on your dad's valuable life lessons. Keep your chin up baby - and cherish each and every moment that you shared with him. I love you so much and my heart is breaking for you.


Dear Vikki you are so blessed to have had such an amazing man be your dad.  And even more blessed to have this man be the papa to your children.  I am sure the pain you're feeling is indescribable but you are doing an amazing job being strong for the kids.  I admire your strength.  Tomorrow will be a tough day - and probably many more after that but just know that your dad was proud of you.  I could see it in his face when he spoke about you.  Even if he was laughing about you owning horses.  I love you.



Dear Mom Hope Steve has always referred to you as a special lady.  And he is right.  I am so proud and honoured to be part of your family - and to call you my mother-in-law.  You have held everything together this past year better than anyone could have.  My heart is so heavy for you and your (our) family.  Not only did your children lose their father - but you lost your husband. Your partner.  Your best friend. And all way too very soon.  It breaks my heart. It makes me mad.  It makes me sad.  We are here anytime you need us.  I love you and thank you for making me feel like family even in these sad times.


Dear Dad Hope first of all I want to thank you raising such an amazing son.  Secondly I want to thank you for all the times you made me laugh.  All the times you drove me to work.  All the long chats we had in the computer room.  For coming to our wedding - even when you weren't feeling 100%.  This past year was a tough one - but you fought it all with a smile and even with a few jokes.  Visits up to Bradford will never, ever, be the same. I am thankful for the time I got to get to know you and  honoured that you accepted me as your daughter-in-law. I wish the time could have been longer.  Thank you for being an amazing dad to Stephen and Vikki.  An amazing papa to the kids.  An amazing father-in-law.  And a adoring and loving husband to Mom Hope.  I will miss you so much and I love you.  I know you are now comfortable and finally eating that burger you wanted.

Love
Emily

29 comments:

  1. So beautifully written & heartfelt Emily. Thanks for sharing & making me cry! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute, Em. So sorry for your & Steve's loss :*(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I am so sorry for your loss. That was probably the most beautiful and heartfelt Friday's Letters that I've read. He sounds like he was an amazing man. How lucky he was to be loved so much by his family. May you, Steve, and your family find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so, so sorry, Emily. He sounds like a wonderful man, and I know the strong, supportive, beautiful words you've expressed to us aren't half of what you've expressed to family directly- so I am glad they have you in this time, to support them as you share this loss. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily my dear, I am so, so sorry for your family's loss. Your post was written beautifully and made me tear up. Praying for you and for Steve in this hard time. You are blessed to have such wonderful in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, I am so so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing these heartbreaking words with us.
    It is horrible to lose a parent, I have lost my Mom when I was 19. So I wish you all the strength you will need! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Emily you wrote this so well
    This hits really close to home with me as I just lost a family member a couple weeks ago- your hubby is lucky to have you and you should be proud of what a good wife you are.
    My sincerest condolences go to your hubby and his family. So sorry

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for the loss that your family is feeling right now. I can't even begin to imagine what all of you are going through right now, but my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Emily! I totally choked up reading this. My heart goes out to you and Steve and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry about your family's loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Emily, I'm so sorry. It is a terrible thing it is to lose a parent so young, and always hard on a man to lose his father. You guys will get through this together. Sending you guys hugs from across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautifully written. Sooo sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your hubby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you, friend. You've been on my mind constantly these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am doing the ugly cry.....

    Dad loved you. You are part of the family.......

    I miss my daddy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. i hope you take comfort in all of the support surrounding you at this time, and that your hubby knows to lean on you when he needs it most!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emily. I'm so sorry for this loss. What beautiful letters you have written. I'm crying into my coffee as I read them.

    My thoughts are with you guys. HUGS.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emily. I am SO sorry to hear about this. It breaks my heart that you and so many people are hurting. You are in the my thoughts and prayers as well as the entire family. BIG HUG from over here!


    -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart is broken for you guys Em. It seems so strange that overnight everything is different and someone so important is gone yet the world goes on as normal. Continue to be the supportive wife that you are. Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry for your loss. May God bring comfort to you and your family during this time.

    Hugs, xo Courtney
    Baxtron{Life}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully written. I am so sorry for you lost.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Blog Hop. I am of course following you.

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry for your loss. You're letters were beautifully written. I found your blog on the Sunday blog hop and am a new follower.

    Shasta @ In The Old Road
    http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautifully written post. I am sorry for all the pain your family is going through right now. Happy I found such a beautiful and inspirational blog today :) Sounds like you have such an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great way to share his legacy with us... life has those heartbreaking moments that make us stop and think, and teach us what life is all about. I'm sad for you and your hubbs... you will be in my thoughts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't even imagine the heartbreak. Great post. I think it was the perfect choice to dedicate your Friday letters to family. Hope your week goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. But just being there for Steve and his family is the best thing you can do. Just showing them love and care. My hubs lost his dad a few years ago so I went through something similar. Just having you by his side loving and supporting means the world.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so sorry love....I will be thinking about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautifully written Em. Love you guys. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.