4.28.2012

The Grand Palace: Bangkok, Thailand

When visiting Thailand - there are a few things you should know and think about as you begin packing all your tank tops, bikinis, and short-shorts.  In case you didn't know there are a bazillion temples in Thailand.  You're probably going to want to visit a few - or all of them.  It's up to you!  I tend to get templed out - but do how you do.  But you should consider that when planning a visit to a temple make sure that your shoulders and knees are covered - otherwise no temple for you! {Seinfeld anyone?}  But don't fret if you forgot all these things because you were only thinking about lazing on the beach with Leo - there are a plethora of entrepreneurs outside most temples who are willing to sell {even rent} you a pair of Thai Fisherman pants.  Here is an example of what you will look like if you forget to pack your temple clothes.


Looking sharp! I am not going to lie - Thai Fisherman pants might just be the most comfortable item of clothing I own.  They do nothing for my voluptuous figure though. 

Now that we have sorted that out - On our third day in Bangkok Steve and I took the day into our own hands and made our way to The Grand Palace (along with every other tourist visiting Bangkok that day).   Both of us had been there before - but it's so stunning that it's worth a repeat visit.  Instead of telling you - I'll show you. 



But before you head out - make sure you eat breakfast with a cute boy!  You know - if you want to start the tour off right.


After that you should be all set to get your temple on.  Don't forget to wear your temple clothes or bring some cash to purchase some.
 
 

 Oh and also don't forget to take several couple selfies with said cute boy - you know for the memories.


Want to know how we spent out first two days in Bangkok, Thailand? Check out this post.

12 comments:

  1. I love the way you write on your blog and twitter. Cracks me up :) your temple pants look a little like my pajamas I'm still in at 1pm. Your trip sounds awesome I've been keeping up on it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! I totally want to travel here someday and visit a temple! I'm so glad you guys were able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are amazing and I'm totally loving your temple pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing!!! Such beautiful architecture! I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, my first thought was that I need some of those pants- they look CRAZY comfy!! Now I wish I'd known to tell my mom to bring me back those as a souvenir! I love your pictures- can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to go there some day! I'm always amazed by the photos people come back with from Thailand, yours included :) Makes me wonder if it really can be that different and exotic as it seems.

    There is only one way to find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clicked to comment on your Friday Letter's and BlogLovin brought me to this post. Weird!

    Anyway...double comment I shall:

    That temple looks sweet. And the fisherman pants look super comfy as well. I suspect they would end about two inches before my ankles though...which would be an awesome look.

    Annnndd I'm super jealous of your secret blog swapper who's getting a homemade apron. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures! Thanks for posting them!
    And your temple pants look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I found out that a friend of mine is thinking about going on her honeymoon in Thailand. And I was like OH MY GOSH I KNOW SOMEONE WHO JUST WENT THERE. So, I'm sending her a bunch of links to your Thailand blog posts. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Thai fisherman pants look super comfy! Might be worth it to "forget" temple clothes if we ever get the chance to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Em, I'm so impressed with your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos!!! I love your temple pants!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.