4.09.2012

Home Sweet Home?!

Every time I return from vacation I not only have to suffer from jet lag but I usually go through a month long post-vacation-depression. It's real - I mean I Googled it and it's on Wikipedia so it's a fact, right?  I've  got so many things I want to share with all of you - yet I have sat here looking at an empty blogger post screen wondering what I should write.  It doesn't feel natural to get all nostalgic this early about it.  So instead I watched a sad movie - and cried a little - seriously!

We returned last night around 7:00 p.m.  after three flights and nearly 26.5 hours of travel time.  However I am still operating on Thailand time - which means that right now it is approximately 1:00 a.m. not 2:00 p.m.  I feel all backwards.  Steve had to get up and go to work this morning. This is the longest we have been apart in two weeks.  Is it lame that I miss him?  Because I do.  And my tan that I so carefully tended too is peeling.  I blame the insane amount of time spent in transit.

Needless to say we missed Easter dinner - however we did celebrate in Chili's at the Detroit airport. 
Have you ever been there {to the Detroit airport not Chili's}?  If so, what's up with the weird tunnel?


Once I get a chance to settle in and figure out a way to recap our trip I will be sure to share with you some of our adventures.  For now I am going to curl up on the sofa with Basil and try not to think too much about the amazing place we just returned from.



17 comments:

  1. There is NOTHING worse than coming back from a vacation...except for maybe not going on one to begin with. And food poisoning. Food poisoning is definitely worse than post vacation blues.

    I can't wait to see all of your pictures lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that - returning from a vacation really is depressing. I'm so glad you had an amazing trip, though, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Steve :( That couldn't have been a fun wake up this morning. Well I know you wish you were still there AND if all of us could be there instead, I'd definitely opt for that. But since that doesn't seem possible, I'll just say we're happy to have you home!! Can't wait to see you guys and hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home...even if you aren't happy about it. You know Basil is happy you are home even if he doesn't show it...typical cat. Haha. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i literally get jet lag even if the time zone difference in one hour. everyone tells me i'm crazy. but i am not!
    welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome home! Post vacation depression totally bites the big one! The pics you tweeted today with Basil were super cute though :)

    Can't wait to hear about the trip. Hopefully the readjustment to the time difference isn't too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!
    I hateeee coming home from vacation. Takes me forever to get back to reality, even if I only vacationed in the states.

    cant wait to read on the recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man. It sucks that your husband had to work today! I think post vacation depression is completely real and legitimate. I, sometimes, get depressed halfway through a vacation, because it is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The post vacation blues are the worst, though I'm excited to see all the pictures you got.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am so sorry! I ALWAYS go through those too. :( Most people seem to WANT to go home. Not me. If life were a permanent vacation- I'd be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. detroit was always my favorite airport bc of the tunnel...not sure what the story with it is though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Emily! Can't wait to see the pretty pics. I totally feel you on the 28 hour trips.. I've made one too many of those!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back to Canada!! Hope you settle back into reality soon-and that it is not too painful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like you're totally allowed to have post-vacation blues or whatever you want to call it. Hello, you were just in a gorgeous vacation land! Real life can only pale in comparison - that's why we go on vacation in the first place. Take your time and mope a little and before you know it you'll be feeling ready to move on!

    And remember we're all glad you're back : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know exactly what you are going through. We just got back from Honeymoon yesterday and I literally cried from depression on the cab ride from the airport to our house. I hate coming home for a wonderful vacation..its so depressing going back to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Postvacation, postpartum, kind of the same thing, i know what you mean though! Also you look adorable on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Post-vacation hangover is the WORST! I'm glad you've got some time off to re-adjust without having to worry about work. I'm soooooo looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!! WELCOME HOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.