4.05.2012

Kate From Stripes and Polka Dots

I am sure most of you know who Kate is?!  She is the author of not one but .....three blogs.  Today I have her guest posting from her lifestyle blog Stripes and Polka Dots.  Now Kate is an artist.  Not only that but a graphic artist.  The blog design this lady can pump out are unreal.  They are so pretty and feminine - just like herself.  Kate and I connected back in late 2011 and we have watched our blogs grow together - however this lady is going be huge in no time.  Plus she is the lady who gave me the idea of these fun intro badges.   She is inspiring.  Find out for yourself. 


Hello lovely readers of Hope Squared!  I'm Kate from Stripes and Polka Dots (among other things) and I'm so excited to be chatting with you guys today while Emily gets to globetrot to THAILAND!  As someone who hasn't left the country since I was eight, I'm extremely jealous.

Emily kind of left this open ended about what I wanted to write about, but seriously, all I can think about lately is how excited I am for spring.  And I got jealous when Emily got to profess her love for spring on my blog, so I'm going to go ahead and do it over here!  Here are 5 things I did to welcome spring this year.


1. I spiffed up the apartment a little.  I didn't do any deep cleaning, but I did change the futon cover and get some fun pillows.

2. I take pictures of flowers.  Lots and lots of pictures.

3. I watched The Secret Garden.  Nothing puts me in the mood for spring more than that. (Secret Garden image from Design Sponge)

4. I painted my nails.  Spring is perfect for some nice pastel action.

5. In invested in some brightly colored pants (I apologize for the awkward photo of my mid section.) Because they're in, and why not?  These were $25 at Old Navy.  I can already tell we're going to be friends.

Thanks having me Emily, and thanks for listening to my ramblings everyone!  I'd love for you to come visit some time, here's where you can find me!

6 comments:

  1. Just checked out your blog and I absolutely adore it...love your pictures and well your whole blog in general! : )

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me, Emily! Your intro was so nice, I'm blushing over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for my break week next week; gonna go on a serious cleaning/re-organising spree. SO excited (like the giant nerd I am). It's not spring until I've completely re-organised everything I own. hah.

    And a hearty YES to pastely nails (I'm rockin' coral right now) and brightly coloured pants (I need to invest in some of those pronto!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm n love with your green pants! If I lived in America, I would have been at Old Navy, like yesterday, buying those pretties :) Fun ways to welcome spring, Kate! Emily, jealous that you are still in Thailand enjoying its amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore Kate! She's so great, and she's so talented! Like you, I'm always amazed that she has three blogs and a life! Ha! I struggle with just one sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.