4.15.2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday: Shots from Thailand

It's been awhile since I have participated in Scavenger Hunt Sunday - and truthfully I was a big cheat and didn't take these photos last week - but took them during our recent honeymoonivesary.  The vacation that I learned I am not a photographer and probably never will be.  But I will keep on trying to at least improve my eye.  Because quite frankly I think that's the biggest problem - and my shaky hands. 

Here are my interpretations for this week.

1. Simple
This shot was taken while visiting a temple in Chiang Rai - therefore Temple Kitty.  This little lady (who was expecting) and I enjoyed a brief photo session.  Basil I apologize for cheating on.  When I look at this picture it screams simple.  I imagine this cat lives quite the life being taken care of by monks and having an awesome temple jungle gym to pounce around.

2. Grain
This was a tough one.  Since I am unskilled at the functions of my camera - I went with the easy option. Wood.  This is part a Thai long-tail boat. Surprisingly I am not afraid to sail the sea in one of these bad boys. 


3. Transportation
There are all sorts of methods of transportation in South East Asia - but on this trip - this was my favourite way to get around.  How awesome would it be to go to work via an elephant?

4. Stitch
I guess this is more weaving than stitching - but it's the only shot I could find that fit into this category.  One way the local hill tribes  make an income is by making and selling handicrafts.  I have purchased a few of the blankets in the past and the workmanship is impeccable.  And even more amazing to see them bust this out in real life.

5. Bubble(s)
This was another tough one.  But then I came across this shot.  We went to a "factory" if you can call it that that produces coconut palm sugar.  This stuff is so sweet and so DELICIOUS.   Here is one phase of how it's made.


Now head over to Ramblings and Photos to look at more photos from people who know how to use their cameras.

26 comments:

  1. I like your photos from Thailand very much !!! I love your simple photo and stitch and transportation which is so cool with big elephants.

    my pics in http://nukkekotinukke.blogspot.com/2012/04/scavenger-hunt-sunday-154.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures...my favorites are transportation, simple, and stitch.

    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coconut palm sugar looks mouthwatering. Nice shots! Must have been an extraordinary experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots lady! I think you've got a great eye :) Can't wait to see more xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great girl, love the stitch and elephant one

    ReplyDelete
  6. what wonderful photos! I think my fav is the Stich, love the colors and great job with exposrure on that one.

    that kitty who "lives with monks" is so sweet! I've always wanted an orange kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! Amazing!
    Hopped over from UBP. I also love traveling which is uber difficult now with a 2 year old, but I dream of taking him on many adventures in a few years! Maybe when I dont need his nap time as much. ..

    http://4alittleloco.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-love-letter.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such an amazing set of photo's! I absolutely love and adore elephants and would be THRILLED to travel with them! Lucky you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great photos! I espeically love the stitch as I'm all about fibers and yarns.

    Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/scavenger-hunt-sunday-41512.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  10. I disagree with you...you do have a good eye and all your photos are fabulous! I love the transportation shot. I want to ride an elephant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this set is incredible! I especially love Temple Kitty. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pIctures!
    Yay for the honeymooniversary!!!
    Happy Sunday
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of shots! I love the cat in simple and the bubble photo also.

    Linda @ viewing my world

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such beautiful pictures! I hope you enjoyed Thailand (it was my birthplace)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are amazing shots. Love the cat....thanks for sharing these with us..can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I went to school for photography and I can tell you your eye is GREAT! The framing for Transportation and Stitch are perfect! I love your interpretation of Bubbles, too, and your Temple Kitty touches my heart, since I spend as much time stray-seeing as I do sight-seeing when we travel. ! I can't wait to see more of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are SO TALENTED! Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just wonderful. Top 2 picks: Transporation - Now that is one that was totally unexpected.
    Simple - I can't resist a kitty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great set and very interesting as well. Love the images and discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow - what a great collection. I especially love your shot for transportation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cool! I'm envious!

    snowballfights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are quite the photographer. I love all your photos, we need to see more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the photos! Transportation is great. I like stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! Dropping in from the from the Blog Hop Party.... Love the layout! - Yoli http://www.yolidreams.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.