5.10.2012

Camping Tips & Tricks

Last year Steve and I went on our first camping trip to Algonquin Park which is roughly 3.5 hours {285 KM} north-east of Toronto.  If you take some time to read about our first time you'll learn that I am a camping rookie.  At least I was {maybe I still am I don't know}.  We then went on two more camping trips afterwards.  After that - I was hooked.




View Larger Map

All winter long,  all I could think about was "when we go camping we should....".  My Christmas wishlist included mostly new camping gear.   Which I got.  I mean my favourite gift was my collapsible bucket {Thanks Vikki}.  It's going to be so useful.  I raved about it all Christmas.

And I am so excited that I finally get to use it.  We have booked our first camping trip of the season for late June.  Because we enjoyed Algonquin Park so much - we are heading back for our first trip.  Also, I read that June is one of the better times to spot moose.  I am probably the only Canadian who hasn't seen a wild moose.  I am definitely going on a moose hunt.


But I realize that I have so much more to learn about camping.  This is where you come in.  I want to know your camping tips.  Your tricks.  Your favourite spot to camp. How to pack a cooler.  Your go to campfire recipes.  How you steer clear of bears.   I first thought about doing a guest post series - but then I thought why not create link up where people can share with me {and others} their camping posts. Their camping Pinterest boards.  Whatever. This way they are all contained in one spot for me to access when needed.  

So if you're into it - on Monday May 14th, 2012 I am going to create a camping linkup linky thing where you can linkup your camping advice. This can be new or old.  There is no pressure to follow my blog or display a button {I made one anyway to make it seem legit}.  Really all I want is to compile some camping literature so I can better plan my excursion.  And as an added bonus {not really} I will share with you on Monday some things I have learned as a rookie camper.  And I would love you forever if you spread the word to your readers and even more if you link up your tips and tricks. Thank you. 

Hope Squared


13 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! I love camping (my version of camping basically means a tent in a campsite where I can see the light from the showers from my campfire...) and yet, I also want to see a Moose..

    My friends have gone to Algonquin, but I couldn't make it...*sigh* Maybe someday. Hope you guys have fun, and I'll try to offer what I can on May 14th. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone camping in the longest time, though I want to try this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D will be joining you on that moose hunt. There are lots at my cottage (my parents have seen over 7 already this year and I've seen four overall) but he's convinced they don't actually exist but he's never seen one. I'll keep my fingers crossed for lots of moose and NO bears. Oh and don't mention bears too much or I'll be coming solo lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in!! I feel like a rookie- in a group of pros!!
    I will share what I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a good idea!! Can't wait! Moose are plentiful in Alberta but I am still waiting on a beaver and caribou spotting haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea for a link-up, on any subject! I camped a lot growing up, and now you've got me thinking about camp food... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds ilke good times. My best advice? Don't go when you have your pyramid. The bears can smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I already have an old post to link up! I can't wait to see everyone's tricks and tips...and that button is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, I haven't been camping in ages, so I can't offer much more than "Don't leave your food out during the night." I'm sure that's a new tip you haven't heard, right? I'm sure of it. Consider yourself educated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...I've only been camping twice. Once with an ex-boyfriend and another time with my husband on our porch. And we didn't spend the night, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as camping. But...for obvious reasons I can't write a post about camping with the ex...so I'll give my advice in a comment. It's the only little piece of camping advice I've got. Take a um..naughty little book..and read it together..one of you read it out loud? To set the mood. & stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is my honor and privileged to found and read your post. It made me learn a lot of different ideas. Keep up the good work.

    biking Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beginner camping tips can make a huge difference for a first time camper. These tips will help you go from a novice to an experience camper much faster.

    Camping Guide

    ReplyDelete
  13. These blogs are valuable because these are providing such informative information for all the people. best pocket knives under $30

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.