5.31.2012

Currently

My real life friend Randalin {who blogs over at Harvesting Kale} has posted a few blog posts titled 'currently'.  These posts are basically as it sounds.  You  write about some things that are currently going on in your life.  Easy right?  Well Randalin has joined forces with another blogger friend, Wendy from This Amazing Day, to turn these posts into a weekly 'Currently' link up.

This is perfect because I have wanted to do one anyways so this is a great excuse to finally do it.  Support a friend and tell all my readers {you} a few new things about me. Thankfully Randalin provided some prompts otherwise I'd probably be sitting in front of an empty blogger screen.

Oh, oh, oh and I also caught wind that Jen from Perfectly Imperfect also has a similar currently link up - so I will be linking up there too.  


Cooking up a new blog design for Hope Squared.  Since April 2011 I have redesigned Hope Squared three times.  The current design has been in existence since January 2012.  I don't hate it but I am ready for a change.  However I am taking my time with this one because I want it to be perfect.  I know this is impossible.  But I am still cooking up ideas.  Do you have any suggestions?  I love to steal hear them.

Wearing dresses.  I made a pact with myself that this will be the summer that I wear mostly dresses.  It's made my mornings 100% easier.  There is nothing I hate more then picking out an outfit for the day.  Dresses have cut at least 10 minutes out of my morning.  Plus who feels ugly or uncomfortable in a dress?  I wish I could wear them year round.  I should just pack up my hobo stick {full of dresses} to California.  Anyone interested in an extended house guest?

Wanting to camp.  I want to be outside.  In the woods.  In the quiet.  With fresh air.   It's all I can think about.  I love the city {sometimes} but work has been stressful and I know a weekend in the woods, sitting by the fire, enjoying the quiet is what I need.  We are headed out this weekend - except the weather man is calling for rain.  Someone please do a rain dance for me so I can enjoy the weekend.  I really really want this.  Actually I need this. 

Listening to webinars.  I have been on a few this week.  It's exhausting.  I have always been a bad learner.  A full day of learning usually wipes me out.  I literally think that there are wheels in my head and they are constantly turning.  If I were a cartoon you'd probably see smoke come out of my ears from so much thinking.  I seriously analyze and think about everything.  This is both a good and bad quality. Bad because it really holds me back because I can get caught up and/or lost in simple concepts.  Not to mention extremely frustrated. 

Watching Photoshop tutorials on YouTube.  And if I am not watching design tutorials I am probably watching a clip of cute kittens or beagle puppies.  OMG - have you ever YouTubed beagle puppies?  Adorable.  If I ever consider getting a dog - it will be a beagle puppy.  A magical puppy that doesn't turn into a dog.  Do you know anyone breeding these?



Check out some other currently posts here

18 comments:

  1. What I would give for a puppy that never became a dog! Loved the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you over on Tinker Finca and OMG noticed that you also love beagle puppies!!! we live in a tiny apartment but my husband loves beagles so much we got him a stuffed toy one until we get a house for him to get a real one!! they are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Currentlies. We should meet up for camping this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these types of posts! I'm cooking up a new design too! An entirely new name, actually.. since pretty soon I'm going to have to drop the "S" in "GDS"...quite stressful. I too want it to be "perfect"... not sure if that's getting me anywhere! I think I shall wear a dress tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in California. You (and Basil) can be our extended house guests! but our cats aren't nearly as dignified as he is, so you might want to prepare him for the culture shock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun link up! I'll have to do one! I'm so glad you found a dog you actually like. Drew's family got a beagle puppy when we were in college. So cute! Good luck on the new design. You are my go to girl when I need a blog lift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to camp, too!
    And I've had this problem with my design where I know i pretty much need 3 columns, but I don't like having three columns because it looks crowded. Whatever, though, I guess.
    And holy cow, I love watching YouTube videos of cute little animals - it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to live in dresses too! Unfortunately, it makes life at the playground with the kiddo's difficult, but I do try! And the YoouTUbe beagle thing - so funny! My daughter (she's 2) makes me do a pinterest search for kittens and she just stares at them and giggles for literally hours.

    P.S. I answered your comment on my own blog and then realized you probably wouldn't see it :) I live in Petawawa, do you know where that is? It's right beside Pembroke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for spreading the word and linking up! I love that our "wearing" theme is pretty much the same. You in for #30DaysOfDresses? I hope the weather man is good to you this weekend. I'm sad that we won't be joining you guys but camping in the rain is one thing - camping in the rain with a two year old is another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww that beagle puppy is too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll cross my fingers you guys get some good weather! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh I want a beagle!! My babies would adore a new puppy. This makes me want one even more.
    www.thepickledbean.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun linkup! i am SO loving summer dresses right now! love the youtube video!

    today is the last day to enter my accessories giveaway! Check it out if you havent already!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. learning all day makes my head hurt too!

    um that puppy is so super cute. I'm still a cat lady though :)

    I wear dresses all year round. In the winter I just add tights and boots, done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up! I'm seriously having so much fun visiting everyone's posts. And now I am really wanting to go buy some new dresses. I love how longer dresses are popular now. Mini skirts aren't really my thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you on a lot of these. I have been wearing so many dresses lately too, fortunately I live in Florida so I can pretty much wear then year round.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to add more dresses to my summer line up... I hate trying to find something to wear that I won't have swamp ass in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My friend's family has a beagle puppy- she's pretty much the cutest thing ever. I DIE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.