5.30.2012

The escapist

I can't believe today is only Wednesday.  This week has been exhausting.  Emotionally.  Physically.  Mentally.  All of it.  That twitchy eye - yep still there.  The only saving grace is that I am off on Friday.  We bought a new tent.  And I get to pack our coolers with junk food, load our car and head three hours north to spend the weekend out of the city and in the woods.  Where I will undoubtedly drown my sorrows in marshmallows, beer, and fresh air.  That's right - we are going CAMPING!

But before that I need to make it through two more days.  Sometimes when I am bummed out - I look at old travel pictures.  I've been doing that a lot this week.  I remember asking Steve on a recent trip to Vietnam if he knew how I could trick myself to thinking I was in that exact location - doing that exact activity whenever I was having a bad day at home.  I tried really hard to soak in my surroundings.  And ever since, anytime I go somewhere new I soak in EVERYTHING.  Because I need to escape there sometimes.  It's so important.  Normally I escape here..

But, this week I've been thinking about Thailand.  Specifically our trip to the south.  This is where my mind has been as I've been  trying to get through each day.  


All photos are from a boat trip we took off of Railay Beach to some nearby Islands.  If you're interested you can check out my previous Thailand posts here - where I don't sound like a Nancy Negative.
Check out my other Thailand posts here:
and
 then, she {snapped}

16 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for escaping there - it's amazing!!! I would LOVE to go to Thailand someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go too! The pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go too! The pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to escape! Your pictures re awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hope everything is okay! If you need anything let me know xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog and photos, hope your weeks goes better or ends soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When a rough day turns into a rough week, it's the pits. Writing about it always helps, for me. And talking to friends (even if you don't want to). Or even venting to someone you don't know well (which I do too often).

    Here's to Friday night coming sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!


    Ah...I'm with you - I want to travel so bad...and when i look at old photos - it makes me want it even more. Sigh.

    Do you have a vacation on the agenda soon? I hope so :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be able to escape there, both mentally and physically.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your travel posts always just blow me away! Beautiful pictures girl ! And twitching eye? I have it too. Doc told me it's because I look at a computer screen all day... and I guess I'm just helping it get worse by blogging as we speak lol. Sometimes cold compress helps mine. Feel better !

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these are absolutely amazing photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are amazing. I'm so jealous. Thanks so much for joining in the bloglovin blog hop. I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that first shot of you. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone needs to escape in their own head from time to time. Enjoy camping this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! awesome pics!! gonna go check out your other posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your idea of looking at pics to get through a tough week.... and yep, those pics will do it! AMAZING. Seriously, Vietnam and Thailand are on my must-do-one-day list. I hope you are having a better week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.