5.22.2012

My Anthem{s}


I am a sucker for a good music challenge and today Lena from Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby has provided me with just that.  For her Tuesday 10 series the topic was 'Soundtrack to Your Life' - I decided to break it down into segments of my day so you could get an idea of what type of music I'd be listening to during that time of day and not necessarily the song choice - because I get bored of songs quickly so I'd need variety.  Here it is 10 songs that depict the average day in E-Ho's life.

life anthems by Emily Hope on Grooveshark


Let me explain a little.

1. Dragon Force: first of all I never listen to this band - but I honestly think they would be awesome to wake up to.   Each day should start as glorious as this.  Making your coffee - reading the paper - throwing your fists.

2. Queen:The perfect shower music.  I could probably listen to Don't Stop Me Now everyday - and if it weren't for the risk of slipping in to tub I'd bust out these sweet moves.  Don't think I haven't tried to copy this choreograph.



3. Lady Gaga - Just Dance:  This has been my jam since the first time I heard it.  If I could pick only one life anthem it would have to be this.  This song would play everywhere I go and for any montages.

4. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart:  Since Steve and I carpool to work together we would listen to this to and from work.  We would sing it together.  It was our first dance song.  But if we got tired of this song - I would make Steve learn the words to Meatloaf's - Paradise By the Dashboard Light.  Best duet song ever. 

5. Radio - The Hot Water Music Version:  I would put this song on repeat to get me through the work day. 

6. Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World:  I would cook dinner to this.  Or any punk rock song you threw at me.

7. Imma Be - The Black Eyed Peas:  I don't know what it is about this song - but it's perfect for doing dishes.  Whenever I hear it - I think I should do the dishes.  Let's be honest - I don't listen to it that much.

8. Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake:  Am I old for still liking this song?  I don't care.  It's awesome man.  I'd totally break it down in my kitchen to some J.T. after my chores were done.

9. Grillz - Nelly:  Do I need to explain this?  I am a sucker for hip hop.  Good and especially bad.  There I said it.  I'm not afraid to admit that I liked Nelly in his band-aid sporting days.  I mean - the dude sings about grillz?  It's hilarious.  I don't think J.T. would be enough for me - so I'd need to really dance off the day with Nelly.  Or The Notorious B.I.G. .  Or Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg

10.  The Diamond Sea - Sonic Youth:  The perfect sleep song. It's nearly 19 minutes long.  I would never make it through the song.

What songs would you include in your personal soundtrack? 


Mom2MemphisandRuby


13 comments:

  1. lmao Grillz threw me off. I get it though, Im a sucker for that ishh too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list. So many different genres. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wake up song. EPIC.

    Lady Gaga Just Dance/JT---standards.

    Jimmy Eat World- The Sweetness. Always a classic.

    Old School Nelly-- YES. Way to RECOGNIZE.

    Great list, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I feel like I HAVE to learn that choreography now, too!
    And Total Eclipse of the Heart?? NO WAY! Mike and I LOVE that song.
    Grillz=best song ever.
    And JT needs to come out with a new album, because his stuff never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was precious - and very though-through.

    Smile for me daddy...let me see ya grill! ;) Classic. From back when bandaids were so cool you didn't even need an injury to wear one. =) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I didn't get any Queen on my list! Great group of songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you see the guns on that chick? I wouldn't stop her from doing anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this list totally rocks!! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, my hubs would love if I had a dish washing song. Sadly, that's not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed so many times reading this... as soon as I saw Grillz on there I knew it was gonna be good. You convinced me I need to listen to Imma Be next time I do the dishes, aka, next week. There are some on here I haven't heard before... and I'm gonna try out the sleepy sonic youth song. You totally rock my eardrums E-Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best line: "I'm not afraid to admit that I liked Nelly in his band-aid sporting days." BAHA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.