5.19.2012

Railay Beach: Krabi, Thailand

After being in northern Thailand for the majority of the trip I was looking forward to getting on a plane and flying south to some of the nicest beaches in the world.  Our destination Krabi - or Railay Beach more specifically.  Both Steve and I had been there before - but nearly 10 years prior and never together.  We both had loved this Rasta-Thai bay {I say this because every - and I mean every  - bar/restaurant is pumping out the sweet jams of Bob Marley} so much that it was worth visiting again.  As adventurous as we are  - we also love to return to places that have made an impact on us.  Clearly Railay Beach is one of those places. 

Before I go any further - Listen to this to get in the mood.  This is probably the song that's played the most.



Our journey was estimated to be a quick three hours.  Two hours of flight time and one hour stopover. I should have realized at this point that our trip had gone too smoothly.  Let's backtrack a little - there hasn't been a trip that we've been on were we don't lose something, a train breaks down in the middle of nowhere, our luggage goes missing, you get it!  We were just approaching Krabi airport when Steve said "I think the plane is turning around - back to Bangkok!" I didn't believe him and I replied with "Steve, the pilot is probably just doing circuits."  Nope!  Steve was right.  We were headed back to Bangkok because something was wrong with the planes landing gear - and we needed a longer runway to touchdown.  Awesome.  Thankfully the delay was only a few short hours and the fed us cheese sandwiches and orange Fanta. Finally by 9:00 p.m. (after a 9:00 a.m - start to our day) we arrived.   And the wait was worth it. Because Railay Beach is gorgeous.  Don't you agree?



Check out my other Thailand posts here:

19 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. These photos are freaking amazing. And yeah - looks like it was worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it was definitely worth it! That place looks amazing! I wish I could be there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've heard great things about Krabi...and I, too, love any beach with a rasta vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of those monkeys peed on Joe's head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of those monkeys peed on Joe's head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those monkeys peed on Joe's head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOKs like heaven on earth to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Maybe our trip should be London-Italy-Germany-Thailand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an awesome trip! Stopping by from the Sunday Blog Hop. I have had so much fun looking through your blog! Following along via GFC. Would love for you to stop by and visit me!

    http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Railey beach is so much nicer with the sun shining! I was there a little less than a year ago when it was cloudy and rainy. sun is better! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an amazing place to visit. Stopping by from the blog hop. Your pictures are really awesome (mine are horrid, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We got engaged in Thailand! Isn't it an amazing place? Looks like you had a blast. Stop by and follow back when you have the time. :) http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I've never heard of this beach, but it looks amazing. Glad you finally got there and it was worth the delay! I need a vacation so.so.so.bad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pictures of the monkeys!! What a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go to Thailand so bad! These pictures are beautiful! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am already a follower :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing pictures! I LOVE your blog name too! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that Drew felt the need to point that out three times. Seriously though - after your Monkey Island adventures I'm amazed that you'll go within 1000 feet of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Wow. Wow!! I so want to go there. The colors are amazing & it's Rasta? bonus. haha. Everywhere you go here you hear Marley too.. it's the anthem of my late twenties ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woww!!! nice trip. If you can’t decide for your next trip…Phuket is the best choice for you!!

    And if you are looking for hotel in phuket for your holiday. Surin Beach Hotel will be the best choice for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.