5.02.2012

Seven Questions

Is this photo funny? 
Andaman Sea, Thailand
I think so!!! For a woman who is afraid of the ocean - I must admit that snorkeling is a lot of fun.  And snorkeling gear makes one look super attractive.  p.s.  I am wearing a life jacket because I am afraid of coral because I heard that it can burn your skin if you touch it. Is this even true?  I am super gullible so don't be telling me any lies.  This is proof that I am willing to face my fears.  Even if I held onto the boat for the entire time - minus this picture. 

1. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Saturday!  It's the only day of the week that you get to sleep in and stay up for as long as you want because there isn't work the next day.  Unless there is a holiday - but we are talking in general here, right? 

2. If you decided to change your name, what would you change it to?
When I was younger I always named my Barbie Samantha - not Sam - Samantha.  At that time I would have given up all my She-ra dolls to change my name to Samantha.  I am not sure why I liked that name so much - I didn't even know a Samantha until the ninth grade.  Maybe I was watching too much Who's the Boss?  Then in eighth grade I  tried to convince my mom to change the spelling of my name from Emily to Emalee.  I even registered for high school with that spelling after she said no.  To this day, some friends still spell my name like that.  What I am getting at is now I am just Emily - and I am starting to enjoy it.  I mean - I just got used to a new last name which went from ten letters to four. Technically I've just got a new name. 

3. What is one product you use (it can be for anything) that you feel is a miracle worker?
Liquid Fast Advil.  It cures everything.  Headaches.  Cramps.  Hangovers.  It's the best headache medicine I have ever taken - and it works in lightening speed.  I suffer from migraines with aura so catching these suckers early is key.  Otherwise I will be blessed with a three day headache.  Thankfully I am rarely without a bottle of Advil.  Steve thinks I eat them for breakfast.  He might be right.

4. High heels, flats, sneakers, or boots?
This question is too hard since I love shoes. But I am definitely a flats type of girl. Make fun of me all you want  - but I love my Toms.  I have two pairs and I want more. But I do love high heels and will wear them at any opportunity.   But if I am just kicking it - I am probably wearing these. 


5. You see your favorite celebrity (it can be any kid of celebrity- movie star, singer, writer, political leader, blogger) walking down the street, what do you do?
I like that you added blogger to this list.  I guess some bloggers are like celebrities - Perez Hilton, HELLO!  I mean they are internet famous.  What celebrity list would bloggers fall in? The D list?  But back to the question.  I am super shy.  Deep down inside I would want to scream and make a fuss - but I'd probably just ignore them and miss an opportunity.  Or I would totally have missed them - because sometimes when I am walking I am in the zone and completely oblivious.  This last scenario is more likely to happen. I should pay attention more.  But I did see Fabio when I was visiting LA and that dreaded dude from TMZ.  But those aren't my favourites - but i did enjoy the brush of fame. 

6. If you could pick one item to never have to pay for again, what would it be?
Tampons and/or pads!  Seriously it should be our civic right to have access to these items for free. The government should be handing out monthly rations. First of all - we ladies need them. Period.  So why are they so expensive?  I recently had to purchase some on our recent trip to Thailand - do you know how much I paid?  Under a dollar.  Why are these products marked up?  And why aren't they free?  It's a crime. 

7. what was your favorite TV show or movie growing up?
I am going to give you both. But for TV shows it's two difficult to select just one - so I have two. One of My favourite TV shows was Growing Pains {obviously for a young Leonardo DiCaprio}.




The second is The Golden Girls. I don't think I even have to explain this.  But I have a question - which Golden Girl are you?




And favourite movie - Dirty Dancing. I mean what young girl from the 80's didn't love this movie? And who didn't want to dance with Patrick Swayze?





p.s. {insert shameless promotion here} Are you a blogger with under 100 readers who is interested in a free blogover?  Or do you know a blogger who would be interested?  If so send them to Our Crazy Ever After for a fun giveaway - Lauren has a heart of golden butter.




21 comments:

  1. I agree, tampons should be free. I think if we are going to have to deal with our periods, they should be made as painlesss as possible. The worst is when you have to run to the store because you're all out and then you have to spend your lunch money. Damn, those days are the worst! your name changing story cracked me up, my real name is alexandria, but I have always gone by Miki. When people would hear my teacher's call out Alexandria, then they would start to call me Alex, then I never answered and people thought I was incredibly rude. This is true, i've run into people from high school who've told me.
    There's a long comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do women have to pay for tampons, anyway? LAME. I would save so much money ...

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH! Oh seriously though...Really. It's so true. We shouldn't have to pay for those we already go through so much!

    New fan! http://violethillboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not silly. Certain types of coral can burn your skin! I had a bad incident last year with coral rash - I grabbed a mooring line that that had fire coral growing on it. I had an itchy red hand that burned whenever it touched water for a month.

    And yes, thank God for Advil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture cracked me up!

    and AAAAAMEN about pads/tampons! It's a basic necessity!

    Also, YES on the Toms. I live in them! And when you want to wear heels? Toms wedges. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picture! And Dirty Dancing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Toms too. I have a pair of polka dotted ones that are probably my most worn item right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get migraines with auras too and they're awful. I sleep for days. I thought I was going to marry Leo back when he was on growing pains. I was obsessed. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I love your TV shows. Great choices. And it is a funny picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard that about coral but now I have one more thing to be afraid of. Thanks a lot!

    I love my Toms too. Have you seen the new Nordstrom exclusive prints?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think coral is just really sharp and scratches the crap out of you when you touch it.
    Ohhh I love TOMS! They're so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #6. HAHAHHAHA you said period. in a conversation about tampons. Yes, I'm that immature :) But, I totally agree. In fact, many years ago I went to the gyno requesting the "skip-your-period" birth control (yes, that's what I called it) and she asked why I was interested. I told her I just couldn't afford tampons anymore. Not that I *can't*, more that I don't think I should have to PAY for something that's an inconvenience and pain- I should GET paid!

    #2. A) When I was little, I wanted to be Samantha from the American Girl dolls. Chesnut brown hair, olive skin, Victorian wardrobe... and the name Samantha. Also, about the name-spelling thing... there's a saga behind mine (no, my mom was not high when GESCI was first imagined). Perhaps there's a blog post in there somewhere...

    #7. ga-gong. ga-gong. ga-gong. *sigh* LOVE that movie! (of course... I am someone who needs tampons, after all!)

    Love the "get to know me" questions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL
    love these!
    dude you wear TOMS , I just bought.... can I even admit it.... CROCS! I don't know what happened! A zombie must have taken over my body! LOL
    They are for the cottage only and yet I've been spotted wearing them downstairs in my building at the Rabba buying milk, talk about a desperate moment! YIKES! can we still be friends???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha tampons paid for by the government, what would rush limbaugh say about that haha! Great post EMALEE, i once wanted to be cassi, without the e at the end. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. You. Are. Awesome. Yes, why are tampons not free?!! We need to start a petition on that!! So glad you stopped by my blog, I am now a new follower of yours :) I love your writing style and blog design, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just bought my second pair of Toms and I love them too... I'm definitely a flats girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picture! I went snorkeling in Hawaii and ran into an eel and almost drowned because I started hyperventilating. (not really but for real.) So WAY TO GO! Also, I love your answer to #6. You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely to learn more about you. I think we all adore Saturday's! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Golden Girls are the shizz, they will forever have a place in my heart and second....Dirty Dancing.....yes yes yes. I don't know why my mom let us watch that a kid but I've been in love with it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww Growing Pains!!! I may or may not have gotten emotional over that clip... I had the biggest crush on Kirk Cameron :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha! I have never heard that coral could burn you... anemone's can...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.