I try to apply this philosophy into my everyday life. And I am thinking after the post I wrote yesterday on 'Things I am Afraid to Tell You About the Blogging Community' that I should have really stopped and thought about it. After reading it I feel like I came across as this anti-giveaway-blogger person. It's just not true. I love that bloggers can offer up free stuff. I like that blogs your sponsor offer the option to do a giveaway. I have a few brewing myself. But what it is that I don't like is when a blog is only built on giveaways. So keep doing giveaways. I will keep entering - if I like the giveaway and the blog. But if your only focus for your entire blog is to build readership by hosting multiple giveaways a week/month then I can't respect that. But a good healthy giveaway to promote a blog or two and/or a product I am all for it. Does that make me sound less like a jerk face? I hope so. I am totally suffering a case of blogger remorse.
Now that I have that cleared up. Lena from Mom to Memphis and Ruby - Tuesday 10 link up is dedicated to the 90's. Only the best decade ever. I was a teenager in the 90's. I went to high school in the 90's. I learned a lot in the 90's. And I wore awesome clothes. And listened to awesome music. Oh the music was (and still is so good). Here are my top 10 things I loved about the 90's.
1. Music - I had a hard time narrowing down a list. So I picked a few from bands that I listened to mostly through high school. I feel I could do a top 100 list of my all time favourite 90's songs. However these songs bring me back to teenage Emily - an Emily you probably wouldn't want to know.
But I can't forget this song. It's just too awesome.
2. Dylan McKay and Brandon Walsh. Who didn't want to date either of them. Originally a B-Walsh girl but later in life I learned I was more of a D-McKay girl. Ends up - I married a Brandon Walsh.
4. Starter Jackets. You made the boys think I was into sports. I really wasn't. I thought I looked super cool.
5. Pre-breakdown Britney Spears. Admit no matter how many come backs she has - pre-breakdown Britney will always be better. Like the opening scene in Crossroads.
6. Mix-tapes. Especially from a cute boy
7. M.A.S.H. Game. It was always good to predict my future. We always played with House, Car, Husband and Number Of Kids. If you want to play you can now play online. But I suggested going old school and playing with pen and paper.
8. Uncle Jesse's Hair. Have mercy.