6.07.2012

Currently


I enjoyed doing a currently post last week - so I thought I would give it another go.  Plus I have been suffering from a case of idontknowwhattoblogaboutitis.  Have any of you ever had this?  I don't really know what the cure is.  It's definitely not sunshine.  Or too much work.  I am amazed at bloggers who can pump out fresh content daily.  Clearly those people are more creative than me.  I probably spend the majority of my blogging time staring at a blank blogger screen.  Seriously - a blank blogger screen is boring.  It's probably as interesting as watching water boil.  I've done that.  Trust me - it's boring.

Anyways here is what I have been up to...currently.

I am actually embarrassed to tell you this...not because of the book...but because I have been reading this since April 20.  I am reading Catching Fire.  That's right the second book in the Hunger Games.  I took the plunge.  Read the first book during our honeymoon and fell in love.  With who?  Probably Katnis's braid.  I've seriously considered growing my hair long so I can rock it.  I doubt I will be taking up archery though.  Are you wondering what's taking me so long to get through this?  Yeah me too.  I blame all your blogs for that.

That I survived a camping trip in the rain and came home loving camping even more.  It was so hilariously rainy and windy.  I can't even explain it to you.  But there is just something about being outside, in the woods, that takes away all your stress.  I had no idea I would like it as much as I do.


This is so poorly timed.  I usually have a current food obsession - but at the moment I am not fixated on anything.  A few weeks ago I was obsessed with Popsicles.  I had to eat one after dinner every night.  I mean I did develop a strange obsession to eating marshmallows last weekend - but they need to be roasted.  I have no way of roasting them at home.  But man - I could totally eat a roasted marshmallow right about now.  Anyone want to have a campfire and invite me over?

Beer.  I am always drinking beer.  It's the main reason I always look like I am about 5 months pregnant.  Lady has got a sweet beer baby developing.  It's actually quite disgusting.  But I love the taste of beer.  I am not quite ready to make the switch to light beer ...or even worse...quit beer all together.  Maybe getting knocked up will solve that problem.  However then I would have a whole new slew of problems.  So yes.  Currently I am drinking Mill Street Organic.  It's locally brewed (or so I am led to believe).  If you ever get a chance to try this - do it.  You'll love it.  I do.  Man I wish I had one right now.

All jokes aside - I am actually looking forward to the day that Steve and I procreate.  In my 32nd year - I think {i think} I am ready to become a parent.  I will probably totally suck at it - but I think I want to give it a good college try.  Is it even responsible to think about parenting like that?  Ugh.  This is my problem - I am too selfish to be someones mom.  Maybe that will change when that actually happens.  I mean - I'd give my pinky finger for my cat.  He's my cat - and I could live without my pinky.  It's not like my big toe which I need for balance.  This isn't painting a better picture.   Just trust me - I am actually looking forward to the day we become parents.

Did you enjoy this post?  Why not do one of your own.  I would love to read it.  And my friend Randalin would love for you to participate in her link up.  So go check it out.  Write a post.  And link it up. 


Harvesting Kale

19 comments:

  1. I think you will be an awesome mom when you become one. I think the same thing when I think about that...like am I going to completely eff up this little tiny being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea !! currently posts sometimes are the most fun !! i had to make a schedule to get rid of whattheheckistheretowriteabouttodayorever blog ...plus you look super happy in your pictures who doesn't want more of that !? www.heartandthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about being a parent. I feel the same way. I was just telling someone yesterday that I'm feeling like I'm getting older and need to think about it, but that I'm just too selfish. She was saying she thinks it's something about our generation... I can see that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fellow beer lover - let me be the first to tell you that getting knocked up does not help with quitting beer drinking. It actually just makes you grumpy because you want a beer but its "frowned upon"... then you find out you can have a glass of wine every other day while you're pregnant and become a wino. True Story.
    xx
    justyn
    thoughtsbyapetitebrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to do this next week. I really like the idea of it!

    Also, I don't know that there's really such a thing as being prepared to be a parent. Kids are the kind of thing you think you understand until you have them - or at least that's my understanding of the situation since I am obviously not a parent. I think the fact that you care enough to rate your potential as a parent shows you'll be just fine : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely know how you feel about becoming a parent. I feel the same way...but then I think about the connection I have to my pets...and then I think that having a baby wouldn't be too bad. :) I am sure you will be an awesome Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys will be awesome parents! That's gonna be one cute kid! And congrats on surviving last weekend. Can't wait to hang out soon!! It's been way too long :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that beer helps with breastfeeding? That's the rumor, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you will be an amazeballs parent. Just sayin'. I mean, you could give your pinky toe for your cat, and the rest of your toes for a mini-emily.
    And I just really want to go camping now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your parenting reasoning is hilarious- and also a perfect example of why you'll be great at it! Excited, but not overly confident- best way to launch any new adventure!
    Also, girl. Just put those 'mallows in the oven: http://dogsbollocks09.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/food-day-friday-farm-delivery-and-oven.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this "currently" thing! I love you guys are having baby talks, you will be perfect at it and popsicles? (heading to Costco..NOW)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the way you laid out this "currently" post. too perfect!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you're still reading it! LOL
    Walk away from the computer and pick up the book :) Actually I completely understand there are times when I don't pick up a book for months!

    YOu wont give up beer and I wont give up wine. There's a lot I will give up in the name of getting healthy, my vino ain't one of them!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Currently posts! I think I need to start participating in this. I love how much you love beer :) Maybe we could get you a sweet Katniss braid hair extension?!? I think I would like one, too...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally love anyone who would give their pinky for their cat. That's awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you crack me up. i wish i liked the taste of beer, but i just don't. maybe i just haven't found the right one yet...?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're going to be a fantastic mom... I mean, look at how much fun you and Basil have together. Imagine how much fun you, Basil, and a BABY could have together... especially if it was a boy, and you got him a bowtie like Basil's. That would be pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Organic beer? I had no idea that even existed! I like the taste of beer as well. My favorite is a really cold Shiner Bock.

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Currently posts - maybe I will start one of my own. And I can't believe you have been reading The Hunger Games since April! I couldn't put them down, I was so horribly addicted. Catching Fire was my fave of the three.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.