6.27.2012

My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard


First off - I'd like to give a shout out to all my new readers.  If you haven't done so - please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and let me know who you are!

Last weekend we went camping.  It was great.  We spent three nights and three days in the woods.  Looking at moose.  Enjoying the campfire.  Fighting off deer fly.  Though the above is not exactly a funny photo - I wanted to share it because it's my camping crew.  We run deep.  Deep in the woods.  Avoiding ticks.  Looking for beavers.  And eating marshmallows.  We be Representin'!  So don't be frontin'. 

Ariel.  She is a mermaid.  And ever since Gentri mentioned last week that she would want to be a mermaid - it made me wish I had said a mermaid instead of a fairy.  But really Ariel lives a sweet life under the sea and then hooks up with prince Eric.  I think he's the most attractive prince.  And she has that wicked cavern of gadgets and gizmos.  I need one of those.  And let's not forget that rockin' fiery gorgeous red hair.  Plus she can sing.  I can't.

I drink pickle brine.  Take that Snooki.  And I eat orange peels.  Not on a regular basis - but I'll do it if you ask me.  I don't mind.  I am basically disgusting. But besides my weird eating preferences I guess I have a few odd tendencies.  I have to have my books on the shelf in a particular order.  Sometimes by size and sometimes by topic.  It bothers me when I notice one out of place.  This is the same with food in the cupboard.  There really is no method to my madness but I like to organize my cans a certain way.  It's really unfortunate for anyone who has live with me.  Sorry about your luck Steve.

Let's face it - I am no fashionista.  I hate shopping because I never have enough money to buy everything I want.  And plus sitting around in stuffy clothes is no fun.  Seriously when I am home - I sport some form of pyjamma bottoms and/or sweat pants.  If I am going out in public.  I'll stick it out with jeans, t-shirt, a cardigan and my Toms.  Everyday.

How I usually roll
There are six of us.  I am the oldest.  The wisest.  The funniest.  You get it.  I then have three younger sisters and two younger brothers.  Our ages vary widely from 10ish (I am a terrible human being for not knowing this information) - to 32.  It's crazy right.  And probably the reason I don't have any babies myself.

I really like sapphire.  I don't own any - but I'd like to.  I am not a woman who cares too much about diamonds.  I was very clear with Steve that I don't want to wear any sort of conflict diamond.  When Steve purchased my engagement ring he was assured that it was conflict free.  I am skeptical - but try not too think about it too much.  However because Steve picked it out and gave it to me - I love it.  It's a Swana Cut - and it's a dancer.  But now - he should purchase me some sapphire earrings.

Besides quit my job and buy a villa in Saigon, Vietnam after I travel extensively around the world?  I would share it with my family.  Put some of it in retirement savings and invest some elsewhere.  I would then spend the rest of my days volunteering at not-for-profit organizations around the world.  I'd be like Angelina Jolie - minus the fame and notoriety and Brad Pitt and with a bit more meat on my bones.  They'd call me Volumptuous Angie.

I like big butts and I cannot lie!  Truthfully - I used to have a nice butt.  Now it's way too large and seriously in charge.  But it might be how I got my husband.  I should get a Buns of Steel video and work it out.  I mean seriously.....this is a butt that wont quit right?



Milkshake (DJ Zinc remix) by Kelis on Grooveshark

12 comments:

  1. You are seriously, too funny. =) I would read these questions and never answer them because my answers would be lame. Yours are awesome - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok stop it with the books-in-a-certain-order deal! I arrange mine by color of the spine - old school style according to Mr. ROY G BIV. It's actually a cool "artistic" way to display them, I think!

    And I have to tell you, I think Ariel is interchangeable with a "fairy" - since fairies don't exist. And everyone knows that a ginger who can sing, AND who has a gorgeous prince boyfriend doesn't exist either in real life. I mean, I know mermaids are real, but come on, gingers with boyfriends? ha.

    kidding. but not really.actually, I wish I had red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've tempted me. I think I shall do the seven questions, but I know my answers won't be as funny as yours.
    I, too, have what I lovingly refer to as a "GA peach butt" and what others refer to as a "ghetto booty". I've had for ages, and it's grown proportionately with the rest of me (alas, the vertical version of that ended ages ago...) and somehow I married a boobs guy?!?! 'Course, he also likes straight blonde hair and I've got curly red. That's how I know it was meant to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun answers :)

    i am the 6th of 7 kids so i know all about remembering (or not) their ages,etc!

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun answers :)

    i am the 6th of 7 kids so i know all about remembering (or not) their ages,etc!

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there! coming from the hop!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com!

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these answers! Especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahahaha, I have to tell you... I wish my milkshake brought all the boys to the yard. That is as much as I can say without sounding like I swing for the other team.
    ANYWAY. I've just made an idiot of myself, but I'm going to continue this comment anyway.
    YES! Let's frickin be mermaids together. While Eric is a hunk (is it weird to call a cartoon a hunk? I don't care - he's hunky), I have to say that I'd make him a merman instead of turning into a human. Who wants to be human when you can be a mermaid?? Grass is always greener.
    Sweats. Love it. I looked almost exactly like that picture until my sister in law forced me out into public with her this morning.
    This is becoming a novel, so I'm going to shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in like with you, Emily Hope.

    There. I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how it's "If I have a million dollars after I'd already made a couple million". That's probably the way I'd approach this question too! There are too many fun things to do in this world to only have 1 million dollars in disposable income.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up! Can we meet in real life? Please? I think that would make my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I agree with Gentri...I need to meet you, you're freakin hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.