6.13.2012

What's In Your Closet - Vlog Link Up


Today I prepared to get home early to record my second ever vlog. A vlog for a link up I committed myself too.  One that I agreed to co-host. This is probably the only way I would have even dared attempt this again. And because one round of internet embarrassment just wasn't enough. I decided I was ready for more.  So I grab some beers.  And went to my closet.  And that's when it hit me.  Oh eff - I just cleaned out my closet a few months ago.  And then I wondered why I had so many sweaters still hanging in there when I was ready to strip down naked? Man it was hot today.  Also my closet is so small.  There is no way I would have been able to record a video and show you stuff all at the same time.  So I took some items to our dining room and began to record.  Prepare yourself for the this lame peak into my closet.



Are you still here?  I apologize if you were expecting comedic gold and just got something mediocre.  But I tried.  Maybe I am not the vlogging type?  I definitely shouldn't be showing off my lacking wardrobe.  I should have moved the camera up.  I shoulda, woulda, coulda.  I've never used Vimeo before so I thought I'd try it out.  I think the video is slow.  All well.

I hope you'll still link up with us.  I want to be envious about all the better things you have in your closet.  I want to see you in video form.  And don't worry if you haven't recorded one yet - we have left the link open for seven days so you have lots of time to work on something.  Oh and before you leave make sure you check out my lovely co-hosts:


And if you do link up - why don't you grab this pretty button to put on your posts so your readers can hop on over here and cyber stalk us. Or even join in?

Hope Squared



21 comments:

  1. Umm. No you do NOT need to redo..haha you still warm my heart and make me laugh, and this was totally a good round up of some ish. I should have thrown in some sentimentals as well, as I have many of those... but maybe another time, eh? BTW, loved the pajamas and the fact that Steve proposed to you while you were wearing them. That's true love right there and at first I thought you were joking and then when I realized you weren't I was like shoot, that's my kind of romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I love seeing your face and hearing your Canadian accent! I'm totally loving this whole vlog idea- now that I know how to do it proper I'm going to work on mine tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!! Love the Georgian sweater ;) I never picked up one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm my flash player is not up to date, thus I cannot watch this = me mad. I'm seriously needing some video emily in my life right now. K, coming back later when I'm home from work to watch ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. You're hilarious. And I would totally keep those pajamas for the rest of my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your peace sign at the end :) Your accent is the best, and I loved how you picked some sentimental pieces from your closet to share with us, that was a great idea. I always love your vlogs, E-Ho! Thanks to you and the other lovely ladies for creating this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this! You crack me up. And I think it's SO cute that you have the PJs you were wearing when Steve proposed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm...I would totally do this if I knew how to make and post a video....HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your voice, I want you to sing me to sleep. I also really like when you wear funny shirts. I ALSO am impressed with all your world travels. I new you travelled, but you hella get into the culture and it's awesome!I'm commenting down there..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Canada! :-)

    I'm the same way. I'm no fashionista, and I have things from high school which was 10-14 years ago. You want to know why I smile so much? I'm trying to distract people from looking at my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahaha, you have such a cute canadian accent. Aboot.
    Asians and their lack of curves are ridiculous.
    Those fisherman pants are freakin' sweet. I need to get me a pair.
    Your shirt is not backwards for me. The sparkles are cool.
    And now I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily Hope! Thank you for hosting this linkup, I'm totally on board, and want to do more! It's so sweet that you kept your proposal outfit, totally acceptable to keep. {I kept my 'first date' sweater!}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing. The whole time I was watching I was like "what the eff is she wearing?!?" Hahahaha. Love that you keep those pj's - I'm sure you will forever. You can wear them to your 50th wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness I love this vlog! I keep all kinds of sentimental stuff too :) Thanks for the link-up! Love, love, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um...you are like the vlog pro woman!!! haha you definitely put mine to shame! I loved all of your awesome stuff!! The pajamas were definitely my fav!! And you have the best voice ever...just sayin! Thanks for all you did for this link up! You are too wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooook soooo dang cute! Love this link up. I totally want to link up if you do another one! Loved your pajama "unmatched" style by the way--totally something I would wear. And your accent is the best--I want to steal it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1) I love your accent!
    2) You're totally making me want to get custom clothing in Vietnam (even though we are on a tight budget!!!)
    3) I was hoping "Peace" would be your signature vlog sign-off from now to eternity. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally expected you to have a beer throughout the entire video - jus saying. Also starting out with PJ's = awesome. Am I allowed to say I love your voice/accent too? Because I do :)
    xx
    justyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Had a lot of fun linking up with you for this. Thanks for doing something so fun!
    You picked some pretty great items from your closet, I totally dig the shirt you were wearing while you made this video.
    I too love your Canadian accent, it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice job on the vlog.
    i love that brown polka dot dress, it's fun! I love polka dots.
    I didn't vlog but enjoy watching them. I used to do a thursday latelites vlog and then had a guy I was starting to see google me and find the vlogs which just weirded me out. so I don't vlog any more :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Puffy heart you and this post and your adorable accent!


    I need to do my vlog for this...loved your outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.