6.07.2012

What's In Your....Closet? {VLOG Link Up}

Seriously I want to know.  Do you follow the Oprah rule of when something new comes in - something old goes?  I don't.  I have things in my closet from 10 years ago.  I probably have things in my drawers from my teen years.  And I want to show it all to you.

Miki from Becoming What I Always Was tweeted out to a few peeps (me included) about co-hosting a VLOG link-up.  If you've been around here for a bit you might recall that Basil and I made our vlogging debut and linked up to The Girl Behind the Blog.  To my shock it wasn't the day my blog committed suicide - people pretended like they enjoyed it.  In case you missed it no worries - check it out.  I'll wait.

{click the image to watch this disaster}
I enjoyed embarrassing myself so much that I wanted to do it again. So I committed.  In true modern day fashion we brainstormed over twitter for a topic - that's where all good brainstorming happens now n case you didn't know - and Jen {but let's call her Punky because I like it} from Punky and the City suggested that we talk about what's in our closets.  Genius right?  I suggested dance moves.  Not so genius.  But seriously - I want to see your moves.  We'll save that for a later date. From there the 'What's in Your..closet?' vlog link up was born. 

So mark your calenders because on Wednesday June 13, 2012 myself and five other bloggers will be showing you all our skeletons.  OK not really - but we will be showing you those ugly sweaters from college.  That awful dress that we've never worn.  The vintage t-shirts that might just become cool again.  And more importantly we want to see what you're hoarding.  Take us in your closets - literally or figuratively.  

Oh and here is a button to spread the word.  Slap it on your blog.  Pin it on Pinterest.  E-mail it to your great-grandma.  I'd love to see her closet too. 
Hope Squared


And come back and link up with these fabulous ladies on either of our blogs and show us What's In Your...Closet!


Not sure how to VLOG?  No worries.  Use your web cam, camera, iPad, or iPhone to record a 3-4 minute clip {try not to go too long because we are all busy people} and then upload it to vimeo or YouTube.  I think you can even share with Flickr (but I don't know how).  If you run into trouble I am sure either myself or one of the ladies above could help you out. And if you're nervous - grab yourself a drink for some liquid courage.  Honestly it helps.

Will you be showing us your closets?  I hope so.

16 comments:

  1. I might have to join this- I've been debating doing a post on my clothes room, purely for the novelty of it! (I'm no clotheshorse, just a remedy of the lack of closets!) Also, will Basil get his own "What's In Your... Closet!"? Because I do believe he could, given his bowties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun! I need to go see if I have anything funny to pull out... since we're living with my parents right now it's not really "my" closet, but there might be something in there :) I know I've stashed the things I can't get rid of it my brother's closet, so maybe I should go adopt that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall try to do this, even though my bedroom closet is a hot mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. If only my closet existed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I have time to work on it tonight. :)

    xo,janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This should definitely be a good time! Looking forward to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea :)
    I love that you girls are collaborating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for a dance move link up!! Seriously! Ever since I saw that "Don't Stop Me Now" video on here I've been wanting to bust a move haha. This sounds super fun though- love all the ladies hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun idea! Too bad my closet here is not that exciting. Hmmmm. And as always, YOU CRACK ME UP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha what a cool idea! I don't think I'm brave enough to do it though, my wardrobe is far too much of a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh, you can't go in my closet. you wouldn't want to. so ridiculous!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got rid of some things, but I'd love to join up!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is exciting! I've always wanted to try vlogging. My husband and I relocated overseas about 11 months ago but some of the things that managed to follow us here and end up in my closet boggle the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a chance you're eligible for a free Apple iPhone 7.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.