7.15.2012

An Interpretive Walk Through Algonquin Park

We went camping in Algonquin Provincial Park a few weeks ago, if you remember I shared with you that I saw a moose.   Well we didn't only see moose - we walked a few of their interpretive walking trails and learned a bit more about the Algonquin environment.  Which is amazing by the way.  If you ever visit Canada {or are in Ontario} you should consider a trip to this park.  We've been there three times in the last year - I suspect we'll be back sooner than later.

Not only is Algonquin great for moose sightings - but it's also a great way to enjoy the summer by being outside.  Being in nature.  Oh and I should mention that the ice-cream up there just tastes better.  Moose tracks what?? 

I've been thinking of a way to saw some snippets of our trip with you - so today I am participating in Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday .  It's been awhile since I've participated - probably due to the fact that I rarely pull out my camera.  So though these shots aren't fresh  - at least the will make you want to visit Algonquin. 

Water

There are tons of lakes and rivers surrounding the park.  This is a shot from one of the interpretive trails 'Whiskey Rapids'  which was along the Oxtongue River.  There hasn't been much rain this year so the rapids weren't so rapid.  But the walk was worth it. 

Petal

This popular daisy was snapped on the 'Spruce Bog Boardwalk' neither of these insects are bees.  I think one is a deer fly - but the other one?  Anyone?


Fresh

 Unfortunately because I can't capture just how fresh the air is there - when I look a this picture it reminds me just how fresh everything is in Algonquin in June.  I can only imagine how awesome it is in May when spring is in full force.  The reason Steve and I went on so many of these walks was in hopes to see a moose.  We hadn't seen any so we planned to walk the 'Beaver Pond' trail in hopes of maybe seeing a beaver.  We didn't.  But we did have an opportunity to see the pond from this view.


Eight

Well I didn't see eight together - but I saw eight in total that weekend.  I am talking about moose.  Yes I saw eight moose.  I still can't believe it.  And I still can't stop talking about it.  Definitely the highlight of my summer.  If this is lame - I don't care.  Moose are awesome.


Calm

Like fresh - nearly everywhere is calm in Algonquin - but I found the bog the perfect place to sit and relax and enjoy the sounds of nature.



So do you want to go to Algonquin Provincial Park now or what?  I know I do. 

check out some other interpretations here


12 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful. I want to be there.

    I just wanted to say I am so happy this weekend that I found your blog. I love your sense of humor and your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! This Scavenger Hunt was designed for your pictures, I swear! Also, be proud of the 8 moose sighting. I'm jealous! Can't wait for #MooseBlog2013 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should write a spin-off children's story entitled: 1 moose, 2 moose, Red Moose, Blue Moose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANNA GOOOO!!!! I'm coming to Canada ASAP. Okay, I have no idea when I will come to Canada, but seriously. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so gorgeous! I went to Yellowstone last week, and it's a lot of the same feel there. Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so gorgeous. Lovin your blog!

    Catherine (your newest follower)
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured the calmness, and that green definitely said "fresh" to me. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos! Yes I want to be there. :) I'm loving your blog headings/subheadings. Gotta say, can't figure out how you did that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't done a Scavenger Hunt Sunday in forever either...I miss it. Anyway your pictures are beautiful and yes I do want to visit this park now! I'll start packing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos for the prompts in the hunt.
    This looks like a very peaceful place and the Moose shot was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to come to Canada ASAP, gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.