7.19.2012

Currently


Do you not want to jump into this water?  It's gorgeous right?  This photo was snapped on the day before I got married during our catamaran booze cruise .   I am desperate for a vacation right now - thank goodness we have a camping trip planned next weekend.  And thank goodness I have a summer day on Friday.  Lady is tired.

So this is my third link up this week!  Check me out.  I really like this currently link up - because I am able to stop and think about what has been going on.  I wish I could tell you what is going on with Steve but he asked me to stop blogging about him.  He also asked me to blur out his face when I post a picture of us together.  How am I supposed to become blogfamous with that kind of attitude?  Ummm....even Basil is supportive of my 'blogging'.  I should have written this into our vows.  Remind me of this when I tell you we are planning to renew them.

Let's do this.
Cooking? Absolutely Nothing In This Heat
Since I work in an organization that serves seniors - and manage a program that helps seniors with their outdoor home maintenance  - I need to be aware of the weather.  Never in my life have I ever been more on top of the weather.  Summer 2012 is the summer of heat.  Seriously.  There is currently an extreme heat alert in affect.  This means temperatures with humidity over 40 degrees Celsius {104 F} and yesterday it went up to 45 {113 F}.  Ummm - there is no way that I am turning on my oven.  Tonight I ate a can of Alphaghetti!  It's was glorious. 
Making? Our Spare Room Into An Office
We purchased a desk from Ikea a few months back when I was inspired to sort out our 'storage' {or junk} and utilize our back room better.  This project lasted a few days and I just started it again.  Since I have been working on a few designs - I thought I would professionalize myself with a more inspiring workspace.  Because lounging on the couch trying to code just isn't working for me. Also - I've got a few aprons to sew.  I nee an office/sewing room.  I will have one by the end of summer.  I should have added that to my bucket list.
Working On?  my new blog design
And I am not getting anywhere fast.  I am having such a difficult time deciding how I want to lay it out.  However I settled on some fonts.  And a colour scheme.  Now I just need to think smart about how I want to lay it out and structure it. I am really not sure what direction I want to take this blog - or how committed I want to be.  But I feel like I need to consider all these things before I decide on the overall concept.  Ugh - designing for others is SO MUCH easier.
Reading - Quiet: The Power Of Introverts
Actually soon to be reading - I've just ordered it online. As I get older I become less and less introverted - or maybe I am becoming more introverted? Actually I think I have embraced being introverted.  I love being alone.  I love working alone.  It's when I get my best work done.  After watching this talk - I want to read this book.   
Listening To?  Jimmy Fallon
I guess that's watching?  But whatever?  I've been watching Jimmy Fallon YouTube clips.  Did I mention that I love Jimmy Fallon?  No?  Well I do.  Like a lot.




Harvesting Kale

22 comments:

  1. hahahah thank you notes is my favorite segment! i die each time!!!


    Rachel
    www.lalalists.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... that water looks amazing! What a cute post. It was fun reading about what's been happening lately in your life. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove Jimmy Fallon!!! did you see the one with Yoko and Sean Lennon "don't frack my mother"?!? I'm not sure what the latest is on fracking in NB but my parents are very much against it and protest whenever they can! needless to say I was pretty excited when I saw the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily, your blogs looks amazing! I need a tutorial!!! As for your husband not wanting to in the pics... well same goes for my BF, I cannot write about him or put any pics of him/us on my blog without blurring his face.... Weirdo's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jimmy Fallon too - My absolute favorite is an old clip where he writes songs for the winter olympics. Have you seen it? It's super hard to find online for some reason, but it's hysterical.

    And yes, the heat is getting me too - my kids have been living on tuna and egg salad :) I would LOVE that water to jump in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That water is gorgeous. I'm in desperate need of a trip too. And Jimmy Fallon...he's one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alphaghetti!!! Amazing. I haven't had that since I was like, six.

    I really want to create a nice work space upstairs, but it's way too hot to function up there at this time of the year. We have a a/c window unit up there, but I only turn it on to sleep.

    I'm so excited to see your new blog design. I know it's going to make you blogfamous - which is a word I will be using all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, was he serious when he asked you to blur his face? Because that's the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is up with your husband?!?!? SERIOUSLY!??! If you cannot blog about him and have to blur his face, is there any point in even being married? ((kidding, kidding.))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! I'm loving the "currently" post idea, and that picture that you snapped is GORGEOUS!! I need to be there pronto.

    Have a wonderful Thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! Chris has asked me a few times to stop talking about him on my blog & to not post photos. Even if they are nice things. Some people are just not blog-material I guess. And my wife-stuff might be lacking as well because I keep disregarding his request!

    And yes! I've seen that TED talk about Introverts. I think Katelyn Brooke shared it once? Definitely empowering for us introverts! I've learned that the more stressed I get, the more I lean on my introvert tendencies. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just say that I am so jealous that you have room for an office? I'm typing this comment while laying on the couch with my laptop, which is cool an all, but a proper work space would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog from the GFC hop. I really do want to jump into that nice water. It looks so cool and refreshing and is something I really need for this hot summer weather.

    Great post!

    -Milynn
    Love & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ADORE Jimmy Fallon! I find myself lost in his video clips online all. the. time. He's pretty much the bee's knees. :)

    Hello from your newest follower! Found you through Thee Blog Hop! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I need a vacation...but it's too hot to even plan one! LOL! Found you thru the blog hop! Following! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also boycotting cooking for the most part in this heat! Sandwiches and salads are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm also boycotting cooking for the most part in this heat! Sandwiches and salads are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The water looks gorgeous :) I had to laugh at your husbands request ha ha. My mum would only let me put her feet in once :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I liked this (and totally agree, their isn't that much to cook in this heat!)

    stop by and say hi sometime!
    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Jimmy Fallon as well! Can't wait to see the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! I completely agree with blogging designing being so difficult for myself. I am constantly changing my blog around and trying new things and always in the process of getting it just right. Which of course, it never ends. Ah, one day I'll just let it be.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This linkup is great, I need to do it. I think I said that last week? But I'm serious. I need to get on it! And I love your new blog design! How fun. And look at those fancy tricks that your photo does - holllaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.