7.26.2012

Currently


This week has been crazy.  And I am so glad I was only working for three days of it.  I am now off for the next four days.  And we are going camping.  You know why?  Because all your rain dancing worked.  Well partially.  There are still some fire restrictions in the area meaning we can have a fire between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.  - so please I know you're tired but keep up the dancing.  Because this time we are headed roughly 320 KM {200 miles} north to Grundy Lake Provincial Park.  That's an awfully long drive if you can't enjoy a campfire.  I like a day fire.  It makes me happy.

So since I have been too busy to commit to any blogging activities this week - this is what has been going on lately.
Enjoying: My new design
I've been slowly working on it.  It's not complete - but it's getting there.  I love the added white space and the clean lines of the fonts.  And I busted out some new colours.  What's up tangerine orange? Once it's good I will provide a thorough review of all it's bells and whistles.   But seriously - how lame is that picture of me.  I took it for a Scavenger Hunt Sunday prompt.  It's absolutely ridiculous - but I used it anyway.
Learning: Self Control
Especially when I don't agree with things.  I wouldn't say that I am opinionated - but I am not afraid to tell you what I think.  This doesn't work well in every situation.  It's hard to keep quiet when I am having such an internal struggle.  However sometimes a little self control is good.  I am really trying to learn this better.  Because there are often too many foot in your mouth situations.
Inspired By: My Blog Growth
The growth in readership my blog has experienced.  I've put a little extra effort in sponsoring a few bigger blogs - and it's gone a long way.  It makes those days when I think "Man I should really just delete my blog and forget the whole thing existed" harder to actually consider.  It's true there are some days that blogging isn't for me.  And there are some days that I am so enamored with it.  It's the relationships that are formed that really inspire me.  The kindness of strangers to encourage you as you grow.  You learn.  You develop.  Those people are the ones that inspire me to stick around. 
Becoming: A hermit
Seriously.  My 22 year old self would probably kick my ass.  I don't know what it is - but since I hit 32 I never want to leave the house.  Like ever.  I am convinced this is my body telling me that I should be at home with a baby.  I used to do anything to go out and have a beer with a few friends - but now a night curled up on the couch sounds 100 times more appealing.  What is that all about?
Indulging in: coffee
This is nothing new - but by part of me learning self control means that I am now losing the ability to sleep like a human.  My dear friend insomnia has returned.  It's the freakin' worst.  Nothing is more awesome than staying up until 4 a.m. when you have a full day of meetings.  So I have been drinking an absurd amount of coffee.  This is probably not helping my inability to sleep - but it does help me function.  And it does take the edge off.  Dude - coffee is totally my crack addiction.   It could be a lot worse.

Now your turn


Harvesting Kale

19 comments:

  1. The color palette is great, Emily! And it's also really "you", I think. The greens & neutrals + orange is really calming, but fun at the same time.

    I feel right with you on a lot of your other points, becoming a homebody - staying up too late - sticking your foot in your mouth. Sorry to hear about your insomnia, sucks big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently drinking my third cup of crack with all of the blinds closed and watching the Hills and reading blogs with my couch blanket...so I'd say I'm failing at life. lol, such a hermit lately too, I gots to get out of this house! The design looks great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I am definitely that person my 22 year old self hated. But that's life, right? Being a hermit is just easier sometimes, especially when you've convinced yourself you have all this stuff to do.

    I love the colors! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new design looks great :) Love it! We need to hang out soon!! Tell 32 year old you to look up 22 year old you and maybe we can all hang out on the long weekend if you're around! We're heading to the cottage for part of it but coming back Sunday since car rentals are ridiculously expensive :S
    Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design Emily! The tangerine orange is a fabulous touch! And you are definitely NOT the oldest blogger in the blogosphere! Grabbing your new button now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design looks so great! I love the tangerine touch!

    I'm a hermit too! Sometimes I hate it, but for the most part I enjoy it. I get a lot more done when I don't have to pack a diaper bag, make sure the kids are all dressed, and make sure I am not missing a shoe or my mind. haha.

    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seriously so excited for you and your blog success! You deserve it. And your new look is looking AWESOME! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new design!!!

    The fire ban has been lifted? I know we got a crazy intense storm last night, but I think our fire ban is still on here!!

    Have fun camping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design! I'm missing coffee right now! Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am your newest follower from GFC Blog Hop on the Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife. I hope you will come and follow me too. http://TodaywiththeTennerys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing new design! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hermitty too.
    Something about getting older just makes going out and doing stupid stuff less appealing?!
    And go you on the self control! I'm the opposite. I wish I could be a bit more outspoken to some people. But I just bite my tongue. That actually probably contributes to the hermit thing I have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your profile picture on here is hilarious. It's so YOU. It's interesting that you've found sponsoring other blogs has resulted in new traffic. I've heard from others that it hasn't done much for their growth, which has stopped me from considering it. Maybe it's because their blogs suck?

    Have a great time this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HEY!! This looks friggin' amazing girl!! Look at you! I love the sidebar header- so simple and clean. The colors are wonderful and very you. I love all of it. You did a fabulous job! And you'll have to teach me how to add my social media links in the footer! And also I watched that introvert video and it's awesome- I'd love to read the book but I think I'm already convinced introverts are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your design! Ridiculous. I'm jealous. Way to be awesome. And that picture is great. I'm glad you chose it. Have fun camping! Yahoo for dangerous fires!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your redesign!! It's so clean and simple and sophisticated and lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving the new blog design!! :) You are amazeballs girl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I told you this already, but I do love the new design!! Hope you're having a great weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the new design! So clean and fresh. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.