7.17.2012

Me, Myself & I


Is the picture above what people would classify as too 'designy'? I may have went a tad overboard - but this is what I would look like if you could actually see my thought bubbles.  I mean rarely am I thinking about horses and James Spader at the same time - but I can explain why I am thinking about them now.

You see there is a new monthly link-up starting called Me, Myself and I.  And my friend Kristen from Confessions of a Graphic Design Student is co-hosting.  So in order to support her - and to take any opportunity I can to tell you a bit more about myself - I decided to answer their five preset questions. {Plus I want to see how posts in a row I give a shout out to Kristen - seriously right?}

1. What is your biggest phobia? 
A phobia is defined as an irrational fear right?  Well I am fearful of horses.  I don't know why exactly.  When I was younger I had no problem.  My family used to live near a horse farm.  I eventually started having nightmares - where I would be out walking around and then horses got out and starting to chase me.  Reoccurring nightmares.  Since then I find them oddly creepy.  I have no interest in them.  Why they got to chase me?  {I am aware of the bad grammar in that last sentence}

2. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?
I probably should say my wedding day - because that day was pretty special - but I would really like to go back to April 9, 2004.  This was that day that Steve and I moved to Vietnam.  Our plan was to find a teaching job and see where that took us.  We took up residence in a guesthouse for $10 USD per night.  Went to a local restaurant.  Had a beer and planned out our next move.  I feel like this was the beginning for us.  It was the first time we would be living together.  I feel like that day - everything changed.  For the better.

3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 
30.  I got engaged on March 18, 2010 - eight days after my thirtieth birthday hours before we were to leave on vacation.  So we went on an engagementversary to Vietnam {the destination was fitting}. We got married in Cuba on March 3, 2011 - seven days before my thirty-first birthday.   It was one of the better years of my life.   The weeks leading up to my thirtieth birthday I remember saying that I wasn't sure how I could ever top my twenties.  In a matter of a year - it was a done deal.  Now bring on the babies. 

{Sapa, Vietnam, March 2010}
{Varadero, Cuba March, 2011}
4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
Everywhere I go people are asking - "Hey - weren't you in Boston Legal?" to what I respond "Say what?" and then they say "Dude you look like Robert California on The Office!" It true friends.  Anytime I do this Celebrity look-alike thing - James Spader and I are always paired up.  I am convinced he is my dad. Just take a look for yourself.




Twinsies right?  James Spader has been popping up since the first time I attempted this.  It must be the glasses and our moon-esque faces.  However ONCE and ONLY ONCE someone told me I looked like Brad Pitt's girlfriend {he was dating Gwenyth Paltrow at the time - it was THAT LONG AGO}. I mean obviously I look like Brad's lady - look at me - but seriously I would rather look like Gwen than James.  Sorry Jay Spade.

5.  What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
I wrote an entire post about this around a month ago. But I thought you would like to see {and hopefully listen} to my jams.  Go check it out. 

However it's almost ridiculous how much I am into this Unearth album {below}.  Though not my life soundtrack it's what I am listening to these days.  Ummmmm.... Sometimes we listen to it before bed.  It's official.  I totally caught a case of the Steve Hope's.  I am now able to fall asleep to this. What the eff?




Now it's your turn!  Go!
OH SNAP - Guess What I Saw?!!!  I am totally going to do this - right here, right now. A shameless self promotion.  Because why not?  Who else is going to do it?  So what are you doing tomorrow?  I have a good idea - why don't you grab your vid.cam and record a vlog about what's on your bucket list?  And then come back here tomorrow and link up?  Need more details.  Don't worry because I've got your covered.  Check it out.  And grab a button, yo!


Hope Squared

18 comments:

  1. Spader! I happen to love him, even though I hated him in Pretty in Pink. Damn Seth and his slick suits and sock less dress shoes...ps I need to read your blog more. I think I will be lurking your archives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up Emily! As a horse lover I can't believe they're your phobia. They are so sweet & I LOVE horse back riding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we just pause for a minute to talk about how pretty you looked wedding day!? That hair!! That dress!! OMG!!!

    Also... horses?! For realsies?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you done a post on your wedding day? Because I want to stalk you.
    And I'm not sure how I feel about your fear of horses. I suppose I will forgive it because you are awesome in every other way. Especially because you are James Spader's twinner. That gives you 1,000 awesome points. just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I died laughing at your intro- keep em comin'! hahahha kidding. And it's definitely not too designy- it's quite clever :)

    I think I might be afraid of almost everything, because I've gone around commenting and I agree with almost everyone on their fears. Including horses. They are just so big, not to mention riding them, falling off, and possibly getting paralyzed for life :/

    And I'm sorry but you do look like Jay Spades! Are you sure you aren't the love child of him and Gwenyth Paltrow??

    Thanks for linking up- you are beyond supportive and I love you for that, plus so much more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thirty sounds like such a great year for you and omg you looked STUNNING on your wedding day. The dress is also gorgeous! And how cool that you lived in Vietnam. I'm like about to go into all your archives and I find out more about how awesome your life must be! Hahah and you know, in that celebrity collage picture, i can actually kind of see it! But not like twinsies. Just like related haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it weird that I was happy to read that you're afraid of horses? BECAUSE I AM TOO. And everyone thinks I am crazy for that. I just don't like how big and spastic they are. Freaks me OUT.

    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahaha your intro killed me. And James Spader? Really? I did that My Heritage one time and it told me I looked like Angelina Jolie. Oh no wait..that was a dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The intro picture is perfect, Emily! Can we see a picture of your real dad compared to James Spader?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your blog via the GFC blog hop! Love your little place :)

    www.hurleylove.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahha this is great and you are hilarious!

    Stopping by from the link up

    Rachel
    www.lalalists.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post! Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spader that's too funny!! You looked stunning on your wedding day :) Thanks for linking up! Headed to check out the bucket list link up!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post! And the first picture of it isn't too artsy at all, it's cute! Haha. I can't believe you moved to Vietnam...that sounds amazing, and such an adventure!

    I'm your newest follower! I'm following you via the GFC Blog Hop. Come check me out at preppypremed.blogspot.com. Thanks, and I can't wait to read more about your blog and all your adventures!
    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful wedding pic! HAHA, also that's hilarious that it matched you up with James Spader, I definitely don't see any resemblence! I found you through the link-up and I'm your newest follower :)

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm stopping by from the link up and am a new follower!

    ~Kendra
    bkdarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Emily, so I found you through the link up and the first I saw was your amazing picture!!! Haha so cool!!! I also will so try the celebrity look a like gadget didn't know it existed :) Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks to that great pic you now have a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post is great and so funny!
    Found ya via MM&I!

    Your newest follower,
    Britt
    yellowumbrelladesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.