8.17.2012

Currently


Is it just me or are the days just flying by?  This week has been rough.  I am not sure if it's the slight shift in weather.  The darker mornings and the sun going down a bit earlier - but I have been literally dragging myself out of bed.  It's all reminiscent that old man winter is getting ready to grace us with his presence.  It's always then that I regret ever complaining about the heat.  But seriously - this summer was disgusting.  I am not into that kind of hot. 

Enough of the weather heather!  Before I start sounding like I'm 80.  Or just really Canadian.  Let's catch up shall we? 

Happy About


Camping for the last long weekend of Summer. We kicked off the summer with a rainy camp trip to Killbear Provincial Park - and I am happy that we will close the season off at Grundy Lake Provincial Park. We had just been to Grundy in July and loved it - there are a few hiking trails I want to explore. And seriously - we even booked the same site because it backed on to these amazing sitting rocks.  I feel happy about doing this.  I mean - wouldn't you? 

Searching For

New curtains for our living room.  At the moment the room is quite brown.  I like it - but it needs a little pop.  Something to make it feel a tiny bit feminine and a bit brighter.  Winter is only going to make it feel more gloomy - I need to brighten up this space soon.  Any suggestions on neutral coloured/patterned curtains would be greatly appreciated!  Oh and if you also could help me in searching for some extra time - that would be wicked awesome too.  I'm looking for approximately 1 additional hour per day.  Thanks.

making

Plans to organize our apartment.  We have fallen behind on all our household chores.  I am hoping that Pinterest will offer some ideas on how to manage a home when you really just don't have enough time.  Cleaning just doesn't happen on top of work.  blogspectations.  and weekend obligations.  I am making plans for September.  Consider this a new school year in the Hope Squared home.

Feeling

Tired!  My insomnia has been crazy this past month.  It's hard to imagine that my next real vacation isn't until April 2013.  Camping at the end of the month will be a nice break - but I need something a little more. Something like this.


Going

Shopping! ASAP. For a new fall wardrobe. I didn't once. not even once. Go shopping this summer. OK that's sort of a lie - I shopped in March before our honeymoon - but I haven't since then. That's almost 6 months. Lady needs some new clothes. Badly. I basically look like a hobo.
How have you been currently?
Harvesting Kale

15 comments:

  1. It's so crazy to me to read about how winter is right around the corner for so many people! Here in Florida, it will be HOT until like January lol. Then it'll be cool from like January - March...then back to hot!

    And please take me camping with you?
    And to that beach, too ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so dark in the mornings now that I have to switch the light on. It makes me want to stay in bed longer! I've never been camping. It sounds fun, but I freak out at the idea of having greasy hair and trying to wash it with a pot of river water. Is that strange?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was in a slump. I was aggravated at everything and feeling depressed. Now I am finally out of that slump. I am so glad. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    I am looking forward to Fall. I live in Florida and I'm ready for some relief from this heat! Stopping by from the GFC Hop. I;m already a follower of your blog. :)

    Have a fabulous day!

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleepeze is the cure for my insomnia. I am addicted. Fo realz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lady! :)
    Man there was a crispness in the air this morning when I got off the train. Fall is definitely coming. YAY fall clothes shopping! I'm so excited for boots and tights again!

    Completely relieved to see that I'm not the only one who can't get their house together! One of my plans this weekend is to tackle making a reorganizing plan for my condo.

    Similarly I was dragging my butt all week! I can't wait to sleep tonight and have NO alarm clock in the morning :)
    hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Currently...I'm loving your blog. Just found it tonight, not sure how! :)

    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go camping with you! I love your Hope Squared Approved photo. So perfect!

    Lastly, you do NOT look like a hobo. If you do, I love hobos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to be on that beach! looks awesome! visiting from the blog walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's too bad that we'll be at Grundy on different weekends :( I'll ask Kale to bury a special treasure for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My ass has been dragging too, I need to get up and get motivated before winter comes and whoops me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. bah. I've been freakin' exhausted. This whole working full time thing is ridonkulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yahoo! Found and followed through the Blog Hop! Can't wait to read more!

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Emily nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. following u thru GFC from the naptime review gfc follower blog party

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so in love with the flow of your blog! It feels so natural and easy to navigate. Thumbs up ^!

    I am your newest follower and super excited to be here! Come say hi if you get the chance! :)

    Katlyn
    thedreamymeadow.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.