8.02.2012

Grundy Lake


I am not a huge bird fan - but there is something 'freeing' about the sight of a bird soaring in the sky. It seems to take you out of the moment to just enjoy it's beauty.  Not many things can do that for me.  I'm not talking about a seagull snagging a sandwich from your hand {this happened to me} but birds in the sky are tolerable.  p.s.  Does anyone know what kind of bird this is?  My guess is a hawk - but I am no birdwatcher.

We went camping last weekend.  It was awesome.  However - even though you all busted a move and put in your best rain dance there was a complete fire ban put in place for the weekend.  It was a bummer - but we made the best of it.  However next camping trip I am eating twice the amount of marshmallows to make up for it.  Our wildlife spottings were weak - however the site beside us spotted a bear in the park.  Ummm - excuse me?  I don't want to know about bears anywhere in a 10km radius to me.  However we did see this stuff.


Not too bad, eh?  The only thing that makes me sad about summer ending is the end of camping season.  Hopefully we can squeeze in a few more trips.  Until then....here's what's been up with me....currently.

Listening To - Unearth


I can stop listening to this song or this album.  You'll probably hate it - but I love it. It makes my bad days better.  I want to get my drivers license and drive around and smoke cigarettes.  OK I don't really want to smoke cigarettes - but I would have done that 10 years ago.

Daydreaming - about camping

The week after a camping getaway is always brutal.  Why is it only Thursday?  It needs to be Friday  - like now. Ummm...this is why.

wanting - more shoes

I've been rocking my heels lately and let me tell you I want to wear more heels.  Seriously nothing makes you feel better than a pair of high heels and a cute dress.  Oh and I want more dresses.  I guess ultimately I want more money.

Looking - Forward To The Weekend

We're headed to my mom's for a corn roast.  It's usually a good time.  And I don't get to visit my family too often.  Hopefully the fire ban is lifted and the weather cooperates. 

Writing - Policies

Still!  I am hoping they will be done by the end of August.  It will be a glorious day.  I should buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate.   Also I wish these policies were all official and important.  Like national policies.  That would be exciting.

Whatcha' been up to, yo?
Harvesting Kale


16 comments:

  1. LOVe your camping pics! YOu live in such a beautiful place. I totally wish that was just a short drive away. By the way, I'm really glad no bears, lions, or tigers bothered you this weekend. I was totally worried bout ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you next week!

    Rachel
    www.lalalists.com
    Wonderful Wednesdays Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing time! The pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a great time :) That sucks about the fire ban though :S Hopefully next time you can fire and roast to your little heart's content. Have a fun weekend! Let's plan something too.

    Oh and that's a turkey vulture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously so jealous right now, and I'm not even a huge fan of camping. Your scenery is GORGEOUS. I would so love to be around bright blue water and lots of green trees right now!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend looks perfect :)

    Let's totally plan a Balm Beach date for Sunday. Text me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna go camping!! That place is gorgeous!!
    Good luck getting those policies finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had fun camping even without the fire...and you definitely need to eat double the marshmallows next time. :) And according to my nature loving husband that bird looks like a turkey vulture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't gone camping in YEARS and even just one night was wonderful. I need to do it more, and not with an RV! Can you explain what a corn roast is??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Beautiful pics. We just got back from a vacation in the Smoky Mtns, and had a blast. I'm visiting from the G+ blog hop, and when I read the part about your cat I knew I'd love your blog. LOL I've seriously thought about giving my cat his own blog. :) I have one post about my cat and his chair. Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Participating in the GFC Blog Hop for the first time! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Newest follower from the blog hop! Stop by when ever you'd like :)

    xo Sandra
    redrose-vintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. I am also from the blog hop. I have actually seen your button everywhere, but I'm finally stopping over to say Hello. (I'm not saying buttons don't work, It's late, I don't make sense past 10)
    Anyway, your blog is awesome. Love the design and your sense of humor.
    -your newest reader.

    Sweet Green Tangerine

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful is that scenery! I must admit that I am not the best camper in the world, i'm a bit to squeamish about anything creepy crawley :)

    Jorden (WW Link Up Member)

    ReplyDelete
  16. VaporFi is the highest quality electronic cigarettes provider.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.