8.21.2012

Me.Myself & I - Part Dos.


¡Hola! Mi nombre es Emily. Tengo 32 años. Me gustan los gatos. Y este es mi blog. No puedo hablar ni escribir en español - pero gracias a la traducción de Google - que podría haber engañado? Tal vez?

I totally wish I could speak & write that well in Spanish.  I studied for a bit - but then like most things gave up and moved on to some new interest.  Like sewing.  Or crocheting.  Or blogging.  Or...Anyways - I've been thinking about taking up Spanish again.  But I am not here to tell you about that today.  

Today I am linking up with my long lost BFF Kristen [Ummm..I think I just outed myself about my strong liking for Kristen but I feel like we are kindred spirits.  Two peas in a pod. Basically we have a lot in common] for a link up she is co-hosting with some other ladies called Me, Myself & I.  I participated in their inaugural link up last month - and thought it would be fun to participate again.  And plus a few of you are new around here - HI!!! - so it's a good opportunity for you to get to know me.  Because I know these questions were burning deep down inside of you.  I just know it!

1. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? 
I'd run a marathon.  All 42 KM [26 miles].  The longest 'race I've run' is a 10K.  Kind-of in my underwear. 


For the Underwear Affair in 2009And I came third last.  I'll give you some back story - the friend I was running with pulled her groin.  So I stuck it out with her.  I am a good friend like that.  But at least I finished.  But I don't think I could finish another 30+ KM's.   Because at the end of 10K - I was wiped.  And starving.  So yes if I knew I could finish a marathon - I would totally do it.  Even in my underwear. 

2. If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time? 
I'd cash out my RSP's [Retirement Savings Plan] and buy an around the world ticket for Steve and I and get in some serious travelling.  I'd visit all my favourite places.  Some places on my bucket list.  Then I'd try to find some sort of concoction so Steve would 'Romeo & Juliet' it when I die.  You know because he'd be so upset and because he can't live without me.  I mean - if he wants to.

Romeo & Juliet

3.  If a front page news article was written on you, what would the headline be? 

"Beer guzzling, maple syrup loving Canadian yearns to be blogfamous"  

That's it - I've got nothing.  Totally lame and shameful!  But I do have a fun challenge.  Try to come up with a headline - post it in the comments.  And the winner's headline will be the name of my blog post on Wednesday.  OK maybe Thursday because I have a special post scheduled for Wednesday that's going to confirm all your suspicions about me.  But did I totally just deflect from my lame attempt at answering this question?  I hope so - because it's way too hard.  It's got to be easier to come up with a headline for someone else.  Try it - will ya?

4. What is your biggest pet peeve? 
Besides couples that proclaim their undying love for one another on Facebook?  Yeah there is something more annoying than that.  And that is loud gum chewers.  Isn't it disgusting?  Doesn't it make you just want to punch the rude person in the face?  Me too!  And you can be sure that I am always stuck beside this jerk on the bus. Or in an elevator. Or even worse - talking to them on the phone.  Gum has got to be the worst invention ever.  I've got a case of some serious gum rage.  I rarely chew it - in fear of sounding like a cow.  If you ever EVER hear me chew like this - call me out.  PLEASE!  I understand how irritating it is. 

5. What is your favorite chick flick movie?
I feel like I don't even need to tell because it's obviously your favourite Chick Flick as well!  I mean if it's not your favourite then - well we should talk about your movie choices. Dirty Dancing!  Hands down.  If you can't tell - I am passionate about it.  So much I even dedicated a post to it.  I should dedicate more posts to this movie.  Maybe even reenact some scenes with Steve for you.

like this one - obviously!


And ummm...this one....


Can we just talk about how amazing Patrick Swayze looks?  May he and his youthful man chest rest in peace.

Oh and this one - because it's only the best scene from the movie.


Hit me with your best e-ho headline!!


31 comments:

  1. I just did this too, and my pick for the chick flick was Dirty Dancing too! Love it! And your post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!!!! Your headline is theeee best. Love, love, love it.

    And I've missed you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaa seriously loved this. Your undying love for Dirty Dancing makes me want to watch it too! And your headline? AWESOME. I can't come up with a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree about the Facebook PDA. The rest of us don't care that they are the best spouse ever and that you can't bear to be apart for more than 30 seconds.

    ~Kendra
    bkdarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the GFC Hop! Loving your blog. Say hello to your newest follower from Texas! I'm so excited to read more from you.

    If you have time, stop on by my blog and say hello!
    Ali @ All Things Pink & Sparkly
    http://alizabethxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate gum. I hate chewing it, I hate hearing it, I hate it. Oh, and seeing "Hey Baby, just wanted to see how your day's going! MUWAH" is an easy way to get blocked by me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Dirty Dancing! It's definitely one you could watch over and over and not get sick of it. I love your headline, too! So funny.

    Stopping by from the link-up! Nice to meet ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy!

    Stopping by from the "Me, Myself, and I Linky Partay" today :)
    Love your blog!

    Have a nice day!
    xoxo
    Anni // http://grapefruitprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loud gum chewers and coffee slurpers !!!!! Really all loud mouth noises in general are SOOO gross. They give me the nails on a chalk board feeling that makes me want to punch someone lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropping by from the Hop! :) LOVE your blog! How I haven't found it yet, I will never know - but that problem is fixed now :) Can't wait to follow along! :)

    Breanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dirty Dancing! Wins!! Best movie ever! And your poision concoction had me busting out laughing. I'd do it too, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bridge looks magical reminds me of Indiana Jones! Kudos to you for the 10K run in your underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! Or how about when gum chewers put their gum on the side of their plate?!?! And then back in their mouth?! Sick. Pet peeve. Love your headline. Love you actually, you might be my favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up with us :)

    I don't know how I could of forgot about dirty dancing, but it is definitely one of my favorites. Also you just might be the funniest person I know. no lie ;)

    Hope you have a fabulous day!
    xo breanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I, too, have abandoned Spanish for crocheting, sewing, needle felting...

    I came across your blog via "the hop." This novice isn't exactly sure what that is, but I'm faking it pretty well, right?

    Love your blog! It seems we share a mutual love of all things quirky.

    Happy blogging,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this alot! I found you on the GFC blog hop. I do a link-up on Wednesdays for everyone to show things like they like or want to try, called "Wanderlust Wednesdays". Hope you can come to the party tomorrow! Now your newest follower. :)
    talesoftheyoungertwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Emily, you always have me laughing out loud with your posts. And I totally get the love affair with DD...I usually rewind and replay the part with PS getting out of bed and seeing a sliver of his ass.

    Also, special announcement tomorrow? Do not let me find out you're preggo via a blog post. Give a girl a heads up with that kind of announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Blogger, Miki killed by Canadian Blogger, Emily for professing her undying love for husband on FB".

    That's my headline. I'm sticking to it.

    We have an undies run here in Utah, people run in their undies to protest against Utah's judgmental folk? I guess. I have never ran in it. I don't mind being in my undies, but I sure as hell hate running.

    Good luck with killing your husband, when you die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Newest follower via the gfc blog hop :) look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Faye@girldoesgeek

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in the process of learning Spanish...it's not too bad, but my language prof always said that the best way to learn a foreign language is to marry a native speaker, so I did. I guess it's too late for you...unless of your hubby's native language actually is Spanish, in which case you should use your resources!
    I've never seen Dirty Dancing, but it seems to make the list of many people's favorite movies, maybe I should watch it...

    ReplyDelete
  21. my all time fave is the same as yours! gotta love some Dirty Dancing on a Friday night!
    alwayssaygrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey ho ~ E-ho (you told me to call you that!)

    Popped in from MMI.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. New follower on your GFC from the GFC blog hop. Hope you can come by for a visit at http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I knew once I saw these clips posted to your blog, I had to become a follower..best chick flick! From Jenny @ www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I knew once I saw these clips posted to your blog, I had to become a follower..best chick flick! From Jenny @ www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm pretty sure you nailed that headline dude!! But, OK, let me think about this here...

    E-HO DRINKS ONE TOO MANY CLAIMING, "WHOOPI LIES!"
    Canadian blogger injures herself while doing the Dirty Dancing jump scene under the influence- blames it on Whoopi Goldberg lying about Patrick Swayze being in the room ready to catch her. Her cat Basil was the only witness but was not available for questioning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are too funny!
    I think they just had a "25 things you didn't know about Dirty Dancing" on the Huffington Post...totally worth a read!!!

    Andie
    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me espero que continues el entre de este poste en espanol ;) Haha my failed attempt at spanish

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dirty Dancing, of course!
    I don't even think I can fathom someone not loving that movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.