9.27.2012

Currently


This is the only fall shot I own of us.  I need to fix that.  Ugh - today has not gone as planned.  Just a reminder to your working peeps - don't plan for things to happen while your away on vacation - because you'll probably need to attend to them when errors happen.  This happened to me today.  So instead of cleaning my apartment, preparing for Steve's return from India, I spent the morning on the phone and replying to e-mails.  It's now 2:30 p.m.  and I still haven't eaten - man I am hungry! These dry fruit loops aren't cutting it.  So instead of the post I originally planned for today - I thought I'd let you know what's been going on around here while my husband has been away enjoying the world and I have been sitting in my pyjamas with dirty hairy, feeling like a hobo.

Achieving

Some goals off my to do list.  Though the list is quite lengthy - I am getting a few things done.  The time off has helped.  I still need to get my hair done.  The roots I am rockin' are past the point where it's acceptable to pass as looking alright  - they look straight up gross now. 

Building

Up my design portfolio.  I just wish I had more time to focus on it.  And that it would pay all the bills and buy me clothes and new shoes.  I wish I was ballsy enough to just go for it.  But until that happens - I will just continue to build up my experience one brave client at a time.  This is also why my blogfame is so important.  Sometimes it's true  - it's not what you know it's who you know.  Speaking of which - I am looking for a new blog to sponsor in October.  I've been so successful with sponsoring my lady Kristen from  KV's  Confessions that I am hesitant to stray away - can you recommend someone nearly as awesome as her? 

Collecting

Boxes.  I've made two trips to IKEA in the past two weeks and have both times purchased boxes.  It was on my to-do-list.  However I have yet to fill those boxes with anything.  Thus it now looks like I am just an IKEA box collector.  Now back to achieving some of those organization goals.

Dealing With

Today - work database problems!  Soon - a messy kitchen and a few loads of laundry.  Oh and sleeping on the couch.  I can't sleep in the bed when Steve is away.  Not because I am lonely [which I am] but because it's too far from the front door.  I don't think I would be able to hear a robber if they tried to break in.  I like being on the couch since it's so close to the door.  And - also because I am afraid of sleeping a lone.  I should also mention that I am dealing with bad sleeping patterns do to my husband being away.  Dude should come home!  Thankfully only one more night.

Enjoying

Some much needed E-Ho personal time.  Even though I miss my husband - it's been awesome just having some time to myself.  And having a few days to do absolutely nothing.  It was desperately needed.  But still - dude needs to come home.

If you are enjoying this currently update - head over to my friend Randalin's and check out some more - or even better link up your own.  Because I want to know what you've been dealing with!

HK

16 comments:

  1. I love your currently posts! Hope your hubby gets home safe and sound and you can go back to sleeping in your own bed. :P I also can't wait to see more of your design work. You're awesome my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun reding this! I wish you get everything done! :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to sponsor Living in Yellow, but.... I just can't see myself spending that much money, especially when I haven't really been into blogging lately like... at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My top two referrers are The Wiegands with a small ad and Living In Yellow with a medium ad. They are both lovely as well!

    And my inner designer is begging me to ask you where your arrow brush (or image) is from that you used on the cute pic of you and love? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love your blog. You'll be my newest daily read.

    I'm your newest follower from the Friday Chaos Hop! I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow along!

    Tess
    www.theframedlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to sleep on the couch when my husband traveled for work. Most of the time though it was because he wasn't here to wake me up and drag me to bed when I fell asleep watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love free time (rare) but always wish the fam. would come back too. :)

    Following you now from the Friday Chaos. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the post and your candidness. Also love the name of your blog. Found you on Blog Walk. Following:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, stopping by from the Friday Chaos Bloghop to say hello! Am newest follower by GFC. We'd love a follow back?
    Vikki x
    www.littlelovesblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. came to your blog today via the I Love My Online Friends 'GFC' Hop! i feel the same way when my husband is gone. suddenly every noise in the house is so apparent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty jealous of your "me" time. I could use a week to hole up in my house, venturing out only to collect Ikea boxes. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Miss Awesome. You and your hubbs are so cute! TY again for the shout out - I've sponsored lots o' blogs and you know my personal beef with it.. I feel the best sponsoring experiences come from the ones you know and love and have natural interaction with already. Oh and that have sweet design skills :P Oh and you wanna talk messy kitchens.. *smh* I'm too ashamed to even snap a photo of it. I'm considering spending my BK Whopper funds on a maid this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great post! I know all too well what it's like to sit down and catch up on work for a few minutes only to spend the entire day fixing issues! Hang in there! Great blog too!
    Thanks for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop! See you again on Tuesday!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I am following you from the Online friends Hop and like your post. It is a great list and I hope you get everything done. I would love for you to follow back and I look forward to your next post.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is so adorable! I'm a new follower, from the blog hop!
    I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow along!

    She xx
    http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi emily! im a new follower- found you on the hop. come by and visit me sometime. www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com
    i love the pic about the korean hair dye- cracked me up!oh, what is poutine??? did i even spell that right?? haha.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.