9.06.2012

Magnolia Squared

You have no idea how excited I am to finally reveal my most recent blog design.  As soon as Britt from The Magnolia Pair approached me with her vision - I knew I had to do it.  I am just lucky that she selected me.  And then I got stressed - because the design she already had was so pretty - I wasn't sure how I'd live up to her expectations.  However her desired concept was a lot different.  Where her previous design was pretty and feminine - her new design is as well pretty and feminine - but a bit more chic, modern and functional.

I think it reflects her blogonality [blog + personality] perfectly.  Because truthfully - every aspect of this design is Britt.  She was active throughout the creative process.  I have nearly 80 e-mails, back-and-forth, to vouch for it.  Oh and a hand drawn sketch of the entire blog.  Page for page.  It made me smile.  And made my job easy.  She was such a pleasure to work with - and was very open with her feedback and suggestions.  I am happy that the end result was something that Britt loved.  And I am not going to lie - I am pretty proud of this one.  I love it so much that I want to slap 'Hope Squared' in the title and call it a day. 

[Thanks Katelyn Brooke Blog for the Inspiration Board inspiration]


What do you think?  Go over and tell Britt . But I'll tell you what I think - I think I need to redesign Hope Squared with a black and white theme. 

Links:  The Daybook  //  Made By Girl  //   Me Oh My

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE!!!! Girl you are so good! I love the way you set up this post too. I need to keep that in mind next time. No one cares about my design notes unless they are designed... jesus, it never ends!!! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!

    I think my favorite design I've done was a super simple black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job on this!! And I love the post that you put together to share it too. Loved seeing a bit of the design process. :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I love how classy it looks. What an awesome job you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did AMAZING! I just love you E-Ho! You're a graphic goddess! I literally can't stop staring at my page :)
    And I literally LOL'd when you mentioned the sketch. Hahaha, oh the awful twitter bird too! Good times. I'm not gonna lie. I'm glad we have a few more emails to exchange because I'm gonna miss our 80+ emails we swapped!
    Thank you again, you were seriously a dream to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's beautiful! I love how you did this reveal post too. Did you also do her about page? So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great Em! Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crisp! Clean! Wonderful! Beautiful!

    You are awesome, E-Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow gorgeous. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I am so happy :)
    It is gorgeous! It looks very professional, clean but charming so it gets you all hooked in!!
    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, love the little pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely one - and your own blog design is by far my favorite!

    latest guest post : Favos for Party! @the Picablocks

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks SOOOOO good! you've got mad skills my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how I missed this, but your design is gorgeous! It makes me want to re-do mine, but I don't think I can part with it quite yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.