9.18.2012

Me, Myself & I - Part Tres



I am working on day one sans husband - I am not going to lie - I was a little weepy when the airport limo showed up yesterday to pick up Steve.  Weepy because I wasn't getting picked up.  Weepy because Steve gets to play with the new lens we bought on the weekend.  But mostly weepy because I have no one to hang out with.  No one to watch Breaking Amish or Here Comes Honey Boo Boo with me.  Please tell me you watch these shows - so we can talk about both [or either] immediately. Speaking of Honey Boo Boo - Please don't tell me that the mother, June, and I are only a year apart?  This blows my mind.  How am I so late to viewing this train-wreck?  Amazing. 

Oh so today is exciting. It's the third Me, Myself, and I link up.  You know that link up where I get to answer questions and you get to learn awesome things about me.   You're excited right? Let's do this.

1.  When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
I listen to music.  Music is the best medicine for any mood.  Bad mood.  Sad mood.  There is a song that will make want to dance it out.  Usually when I am in a bad mood - I listen to poppier music.  When I am sad - I like to get nostalgic and pull out rock or punk rock.  Right now I am totally digging the new Propagandhi album - Failed States - Steve just bought it on iTunes and I can't.stop.listening.  It's perfectly timed for my sad-missing-Steve self.  Also - they are playing in Toronto on September 26th - who wants to go with me? [Because Steve isn't here]....

And now I am sad again - cue music....

This is from Riot Fest, an outdoor music festival that we attended here in Toronto two weekends ago [I stole this video from this person on YouTube]- but if you look closely at 0:54 in the centre you'll see my hand rise up to snap a photo.  This photo to be exact.


Anyways - I am all over the place with this question.  Let's move on. 

2. If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?
For as long as I can remember I have been obsessed with the 1950's.  I would have loved to have been a teenager during this decade.  Malt shops.  Greasers.  Hoop skirts.  Ponytails.  Jukeboxes.  But now that I am older - I'd much rather be a 50's housewife.  A housewife that looks exactly like Betty Draper.  You know when she was married to Don.

{via}
I mean come on - look at how well dressed the men are.  All men looked like Don Draper in the 50's/60's right?

{via}
I think politically it would have been difficult as a woman - but seriously I would give anything..ANYTHING...to be a full-time housewife.   I never thought I'd ever want that.  But I am so over this working for a living thing.  Bring on the babies, aprons and meatloafs. 

3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?
I am really bad at coming up with clever Hallowe'en costumes.  I always think every year that this will be the year that I purchase some fun fur fabric, bust out my sewing machine, and make an awesome lemur costume that I will wear year round - because it's that awesome.  But then Hallowe'en rolls around and I probably paint my nails black and toss on some cat ears and call it a day.  Typical E-Ho - all talk - little action.

Well one year a friend had a Hallowe'en in July party.  And I went as the Tooth-fairy.  I made a necklace out of chicklets.  And wore a belt of toothbrushes.  I looked pretty awesome.  Funny coming from a girl with six cavities. 


4. Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?
Umm....what's not weird about me?  And only five things?  And how would you define weird anyways?  When I think weird - I think quirky.  When I think quirky - I think unique.  So I am basically assuming that weird=unique. 

+I hate reading used books - this is why I struggle with borrowing from the library or friends - I want to read a book with perfect pages, a perfect binding.  This is also why you should feel lucky if I ever lend you a book.  I'd be a rotten librarian.
+I can't buy something and wait to open it - I usually have the box opened by the time we get to the car.  I'd be a lousy collector. 
+I also can't buy something without thinking about it for 100 hours.  I have huge shoppers remorse.  I'll go to the mall with plans to buy a billion things and come home empty handed.  Maybe I am just cheap.  But why do we still never have money?  
+I am afraid of change.  Small change is good - but big change terrifies me.  Sometimes I suck things up just because I don't want to deal with the unknown.  I hope to work on this - but you know I don't want to change too much.  
+I am shy.  Like super shy.  And I usually come across as either snobby or just 'quirky'.  These are just tactics I use until I am comfortable. I wish my wit was quicker so I could at least make people laugh and quietly exit situations. 

5. What would you tell your 16-year-old self?



25 comments:

  1. Seriously I could listen to your rambles all day. Never.stop. blogging. And by the way I don't even need a reader- I just type in your blog address multiple times a week to check in on you. So happy to see you linked up!

    P.S. You made a rockin' tooth fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun blog...so happy to have found you via the Tuesday Tango, and happy even more to say I'm a new GFC follower!

    I hear you on the used book thing ... LOVE the feel of new pages. It's why I could never read on a Kindle: for me, the magic's in the crisp paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't complain if I looked like Betty Draper and was married to Don (but pre-divorce Betty and post-divorce, married-to-Megan Don).

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all.. I love Mad Men! Especially since I am in marketing, it is really interesting to me!

    Secondly, I love your tooth fairy costume! I think it might be the most creative one I've seen so far from this linkup!

    Oh, and I totally feel you on the book binding. Nothing in life feels as good as cracking the binding on a new book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from Tuesday Tango my sweet feline loving friend!! Im following you on BlogLovin!! Feel free to follow back!! Hope you have a great week!!


    https://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3811068/bohemian-treehouse/follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your note to yourself! It's so sweet. Halloween costume - super creative. I never would've thought of chicklets into a necklace! How long is your man gone for? Hope it goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoppers remorse. Oh how I can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously you are the cutest ever. I actually read your ENTIRE post..which is saying something for my ADD! :) Loved the costume btw - I might just steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post! I love learning about other bloggers and what they're like. I absolutely feel you on the 1950s. I wanna be like Betty Draper too! Me and my boyfriend went as Don and Betty Draper for Halloween a few years back. It was so much fun! I found you through the CHQ Blog Hop. I'm not following you through GFC, Twitter, and Facebook. Love from Whimsically Homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww I love everything about this post!

    I would have loved to live in the 50's as well. It just seems like the perfect decade for all the reasons you listed.

    I enjoyed reading your letter to your younger self.

    Hope you have a good day!! xox


    heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the 1950s! I think I was born in the wrong time. Thanks for linking up to the CHQ blog hop! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are totally blog famous! Love your letter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always have shoppers remorse, too.

    And I love your letter to yourself and your tooth fairy costume - that thing is rockin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Found you on the Wednesday linkup! I'm a huuuuge fan of Honey Boo Boo (you better redneckognize!) and Breaking Amish. But please tell me you watch Abby & Brittany?!?!?! I have waaaaaaayy too many questions about them that TLC is just not answering. Frustrating.

    I'm also obsessed with the 1950's and Mad Men. I can only hope that one morning I wake up looking exactly like Joan Harris.. and sometimes I think my husband hopes so, too! Bring on the Don Draper, who I am a firm believer is WAAAAYY more appealing than Christian Grey.

    New follower her! Stop on by and say hello!
    MarlaJan @ Luck Fupus

    http://luckfupus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you and I are eerily similar on the weird things about me question! Buyers remorse (and remorse on pretty much any decision in life) haunts me haha. Also lovin the toothfairy costume!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too have HUGE shoppers remorse. Most of the time I end up not buying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post - what a fab way to start to get to know - I really look forward to reading more from you and thank you so much for linking up at the I Love my Post hop I would love to see you there again next week.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so cute. I think you should write blog posts with airbrushed pictures of yourself, followed by inspirational quotes. ;) That would be hot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Car Rental Mississaugawe could provide it for you. If you're arriving via airplane, we also provide Toronto Airport car rental service.Car Rental Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wedding Limo Toronto : The automobile meaning evolving from a type of cloak and hood that was worn by the inhabitants of the Limousin region that later resembled the covering of a carriage and much later used to describe an automobile body with a permanent top that extended over the open driver's compartment. Toronto Limo Service

    ReplyDelete
  21. Toronto Airport Limo. offers reliable and high quality transportation services for customers. Airport Limo Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  22. Car Rental MississaugaYou don't have to wait for too long for your car to arrive. Car Rental Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A Toronto based Wedding Limo service provider. Contact for Limo Services in Toronto Limo Rental , Limo Mississauga , Brampton, Richmond Hill, Oakville, Markham, Scarborough, Milton and George Town.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.