9.17.2012

We Are Family

This weekend Steve and I went to the mall to grab a few last minute things for his trip [he's headed to India for work - but let's not talk about that] so we decided to grab lunch in the food court.  I noticed that there are three types for people that hang out in mall food courts.  Well at least three types in this particular food court.  Teenagers.  Older couples.  And families.  Families with kids.  It's moments like this - that make me sad that we haven't jumped on the baby train yet.  

I swear everywhere I look someone is either pushing a baby in stroller that probably cost more than our car, someone is wearing their kid in a cute backpack, or is pregnant.  Maybe this is a symptom of baby fever?  Is that what I just came down with?  I hear there is only one cure?!

Since we have been contemplating the notion of one day starting a family our own  - I wanted to get some words of wisdom from someone who has done it three times over. 





Amber blogs over at My Three Bittles.  She is a mom of three.  And at my request - she is here to tell us [me] about her thoughts on family and motherhood - because she's basically an expert. And I am hoping she'll help convince me to take the plunge before ... it's too late.  You know - because I am as old as a dinosaur. Here's what Amber has to say.


Seriously - doesn't this make you want to go make a baby?  [or more babies]? Or three?  Don't lie - it totally does.  And not only is Amber a super awesome mom, but did you know that tomorrow is her birthday?  HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER!!!!!  Make sure you stop over and wish her one too [plus she's got some wicked birthday surprises happening over at her blog this week - you'll want to stick around]

 .....BUT don't go yet - Amber also wanted to share the birthday givingness with all of you - isn't she awesome?  I think so.  So you should too.  Amber is giving something fabulous to all Hope Squared readers.  Oh and I thought I'd toss something in as well [check it out below] - I mean it's her almost birthday after all - and because this is the first ever giveaway on Hope Squared.  I am such a sell out. Anyways - enter - or don't!  Or at least go over to Amber's and check out what's going on over there.  Word!

One Winner - but really we're all winners - but only one of you will reap the benefits
a Rafflecopter giveaway

11 comments:

  1. #5 is sooo true! Wishing you the very best in your family planning! I entered the giveaway, sounds great!!

    Wanted to stop by and thank you so much for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Hope to see you again next Tuesday! Have a great week!
    XO, Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband just got back from a work trip to India. So I hear you (I don't like talking about him traveling either!)

    Thanks for this post about motherhood. I've been on the "do I, don't I" fence for a long time. We're terrified that we'll suck at being parents. This made me feel I could do it if we chose to start a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure knowing you that you tried to make it happen for you to go to India. If all else fails, stuff in his trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I have two little boys 21 months apart. Neither were planned, but they are the best thing that has ever happened to us. Even on the crazy chaotic days.

    The love they have for each other, is something that makes my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't have any children, but to me... family is about acceptance. Van and I are from totally different families, and what really makes us family is ACCEPTING and embracing the differences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family to me is kinda different. We may live 12 hours away from each other, but when we do get together it's some of the most fun times we've ever had! Also, I just saw what happens when I scroll over your picture and I started cracking up. That's the coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting from Thee Blog Hop and now following! Hope you'll visit me:)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family: It's interesting because I'm seeing the circle of life for parenting. My Dad is 82 & lives within 5 miles of me. We talk at least 3 X / week and see each other at least 1-2X/week. For Dad it's never enough and never long enough. My daughter is an adult now. She is married and lives within 5 miles of me. We talk at least 3 X/week. Some weeks we go an entire week without seeing each other. When that happens, I ache for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family is everything. <3 We actually just moved back to our hometown in December to be closer to our families. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family to me means unconditional love and support, giving and getting, wonderful responsibility and happiness through tough times. It's diamond. Tough. Resilient. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Family is HUGE! I went through a huge rebellious stage when I dated a guy and had I stayed on that track I wouldnt have a close relationship with my family now. Now my daughter gets to grow up with grandparents on both side of the family and everyone gets a long....my family never left me when I was so mean and rude to them...praise God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.