10.22.2012

Millions of Peaches

The entire time I was working on Gesci's new blog design - this song kept going through my head.  Does anyone remember this - or am I the only dinosaur?



It definitely brings me back to high school - this song is terribly 90's!  Terrible in a bad way.  Not that there is a good terrible.  What am I talking about? 

Anyways - Gesci approached me in late August about pimping out her space - including a name change.  Her goal was to have the new space launched for October 1 as she transitioned her life from North Yorkshire, England to North Carolina.  Well we are only 21 days late.   But seriously she packed and shipped an entire house, and then flew back to the US with two dogs and cat, and took a holiday to Scotland- all in the midst of that.  But the delay was good because it allowed us some time to hmmmm and hhhaaahhhh over things.   

Here is what we came up with.


This was only my second time attempting a one column design - but I think the three column footer allows for simple and tidy sidebar organization.  I am really pleased with how it turned out - since I know Gesci was reluctant to let go of some of those widgets - like GFC, Labels, and THE SEARCH BAR!  I think the solution we came up with inspired by E-Tells-Tales - worked out.

The best part - Gesci drew her own 'clip art' so it's a unique design that is all her - with a tiny bit of Hope Squared thrown in. 

Go check out the live site - and tell Gesci what you think! 

Fonts:  Cutive  |  Satisfy Niconne
Colour Inspiration:  Design Seeds - Color Shelled

20 comments:

  1. ahh, thanks for putting that song in my head! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love that song, and all of it's atrociously dirty innuendos!
    I am so thrilled with the design- you, lady, are a genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing so well, E. Proud of you for making your blog designing dreams come true. Loves.

    Hey, thanks again for figuring out my layout with blog buttons. I was able to add the other ones no problemo. So whatevs you did, it worked like a charmski.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute and unique design! That song is on constant repeat in my mind every summer whenever peach season starts. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every one of your designs!!! You are amazing! Looks great girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg now I have that song in my head. I must be ancient too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design you did for Gesci. You are really good at this. I'm very inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really love this! And I also love how you laid this all out for us to see. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. check you out! You're a blog design machine!
    Love it, really great footer on the blog page. I need to figure out how to do that for my blog. and the little peaches with the blog comments, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I remember this song. My teacher used to sing this song in class allllll the time.
    Very cute design.

    Cody @Solemn Sound

    ReplyDelete
  11. This design is peachy keen!! :) For real, I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remember it? It's on my iPod! haha
    I LOVE Gesci and I didn't know she was getting a new design but I should have guessed by the name change. :P
    Lovely! Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as I saw the title this song popped into my head. I didn't even listen to it because yet - I still know all of the words. We totally should have done a What's on your iPod linkup... Speaking of I'm super excited for tomorrow and I'm having a giveaway that you should check out - you saw what I did there, but just pretend you didn't. :)
    xx
    Justyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, Gesci's new design is just plain wonderful. Great job, E!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you did this? good job! i love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you did this? good job! i love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.