12.28.2012

That time I forgot to tell you something....


So basically I am a non-blogger!  I really want to be a blogger - but I just never seem to get around to it.  It's funny how into something you can be - and then just like that you forget about it.  Well not exactly - but kind of.  There are plenty of times in the past while that I have thought "Oh yeah I have a blog - I should update that sometime"  but then I quickly think about napping on the sofa, watching netflix, snugglin' with Basil that the motivation just sort of slips on by.  I mean you're totally not interested in my napping, snugglin' and TV watching schedule, are you? If you are - hit me up and I can let you know how it goes.  Otherwise - I'll catch you up with what's been going on around my parts lately with a currently post.

Currently I've been....

Obsessing about the human that's growing inside me.  Wait!  Didn't I tell you all that Steve and I are expecting?   Oh minor detail.  So sometime in September 2012 a baby started to grow in my uterus.  It's been getting bigger in there for roughly 14 weeks and 5 days (not that I am counting).  And I have probably slept away nearly 7 of those weeks.  If you're a real life friend and reading this and I haven't told you - sorry man!  It's hard to track you all down in the same place and a lady can only keep a secret for so long.  Oh and blog friends - sorry for the lame reveal - there are only so many times that you can see a picture of feet and little shoes, a picture of me and a jar of preggo, and a picture of me in front of my oven with a bun in it.  I have been obsessing about how to reveal this news to the blogoshere and came up with nothing.  So there - it's out.  I can now continue to obsess about the fact that my wardrobe is quickly dwindling and that I can't ever seem to get enough sleep - or oranges for that matter.

Looking at this first glimpse of my new uterine dwelling child.

I look at it every.single.day.  Sometimes a few times a day.  I look at it's legs.  And short little arms.  I wonder what it will be.  Human hopefully - but more importantly a boy or a girl?  I wonder if it's healthy?  I wonder how an ultrasound can take a picture of my uterus?  I wonder if you're really interested in seeing what my uterus looks like?

Improving my how I eat.  And how I sleep.  And how I handle stress.  And how much I am willing to commit to.   Also my Google skills.  Seriously I have Googled the oddest things in the last 14 weeks.

Learning that women that claim they loved being pregnant are all liars.  Or at least just glamorizing the job.  Seriously growing a human is effin' hard - don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  It's not glamorous.  Sometimes it's not even fun.  Feeling barfy.  Occasional barfing.  Constant hunger - but no desire to eat anything.  Anything but oranges.  And mangoes.  But I am positive that in the end - it will all be worth it. 

Remembering what it's like to drink beer.  Yes I am of course taking a beer hiatus - but man I miss it. Though actually drinking a beer would probably make we ill since I can't tolerate the smell of it -  but I do miss coming home after a tough day and cracking open a tall boy.  Totally mother material right here. Please wish me luck!  I am going to need it.

Oh and thanks Randalin for hosting this link up so I had a reason to blog. 

HK

32 comments:

  1. About damn time. I've only wanted to announce it on my blog since OCT-freakin-OBER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy! I'm so excited for you guys! If you gotta be absent from your blog, at least you have an awesome excuse! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome! now we all want regular updates, baby bump progress, ya know, the whole thing!!! yay! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June 30th remember! You have control over that right?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?!??!! Congratulations, Emily!! I wondered from the title, and my internet got all suspenseful-slow, and then BOOM! Little Hope popped up!!

    YAY for you! And Steve! And Basil!!

    And Happy New Year, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I can totally relate to the non-blogger thing, especially when pregnant. I basically didn't blog that whole time because I had no idea what to say.

    Enjoy this time :) and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to be the greatest mom! Congrats Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is quite possibly the most exciting thing I've heard all year and 2012 was filled with tres exciting news. Hope to the power of 3... holla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Wonderful!! Congratulations Emily, that is the best news I've heard in a while! Thanks for showing us the little one :) Wishing you lots of restful sleep and a happy tummy this New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo!!! Congrats! And I love your reveal... very refreshing!! Glad to hear that you are doing well... I never realized how sleepy I would be either... that was probably my one & only major symptom the first time I was pregnant! :)
    Take the time you need and post when you can! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so, so, so happy for you guys. You should probably come over really, really soon so I can load you down with maternity clothes (although H&M did not have maternity clothes when I was preggo, so I can't promise you much - besides a shit load of work clothes) and books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations! those have got to be the cutest little baby legs/arms i've ever seen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I'm thrilled! I was waiting for the big announcement and have so much love for you and this post. Congrats to you and the hubs! I cannot wait to meet Baby Hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats dear one!! What happy news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the best news ever! How exciting! And I totally get you... being pregnant is NOT fun at all. I hated it too. And with my first pregnancy I too only ate oranges for about 10 weeks... but I could only eat them in the middle of the night for some weird reason. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and a big congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah!! Congrats!!! How exciting. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats girl! Don't feel bad for being MIA...I'd be too if I were pregnant & wanting to sleep all the time! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I might have just literally squealed out loud. OMG! CONGRATS LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to you and Steve!!! This is SO exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. COngratulations on the little one! Can't wait to see the beauty :)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  22. I knew what you were going to say the second I opened my email!

    CONGRATS!!! Being a mommy is the best thing in the whole wide world!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know what my first thought was when I saw that picture? How rude it is that Steve is enjoying a delicious beer when you can't have one. I'm not kidding on this.

    I complained to Ammon last night that all of my blog favorites are having babies, and that we need to jump on that soon so that our kid can have little bloggy baby friends all over the world. Then he told me that unless I wanted to wear some ugly maternity wedding dress, it would just have to wait until after the wedding. It hurt my "must have baby now" feelings.

    That was a roundabout way of me trying to reiterate how excited I am for you and this baby you're growing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay the great news is out!!! So exciting! What is your official due date because June just happens to be my birthday month and it is a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats and love the sonogram pic with the "moving out" caption too cute

    ReplyDelete
  26. that's a pretty good reveal! I was just reading a long and boom! I was waiting to say it was a joke but nope! haha Congrats!! that's super exciting!! ...and a perfectly good excuse for not blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! I wonder how I will announce my impregnation to the interwebs. Once I am, in fact, impregnated. I hope you blog occasionally during the pregnancy, because I'm sure it will be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the laid back announcement :)
    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.