12.12.2012

The Ikea Monkey

If you live in Toronto - or even if you don't - I am sure by now you've heard of Ikea Monkey?!  In case you haven't here is a picture - and even though I feel sad for this little guy - I am happy that his Canadian owners thought enough to keep him warm in a snazzy coat.


Here's an article from CBC if you want to brush up on the big news going on around here!

Anyways I didn't come here today talk about Ikea Monkey - I came to tell you that today Steve and I celebrated our 10 year dating anniversary.  Well kind of.  It's not really our anniversary.  Well you can read about all that in last year's 9 year recap. Except today we did something awesome!  I'll tell you about it sometime - because even though Steve had his work Christmas party to attend tonight (spouses have been banned from attending - what a marvelous idea!!) and I hung out alone - the day was still awesome.  Maybe I will tell you about it sometime!  Or I could just show you another picture of Ikea Monkey!!!


Even if it is awful - a monkey in a coat kind of makes you laugh right?  Almost as much as a cat in a bow tie?!!  Well - I think the owners got a fine for having an illegal animal (or something like that) I didn't really read up on it too much.  I need to stay on top of the news, seriously!

Anyways - happy 10 year dating anniversary to Steve!  We've come a long way - and it's been quite the adventure.


11 comments:

  1. MONKEY!!!!!


    Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!

    And I agree- while it's sad he was left in the car and all, those pictures are hilarious. I also like the witness in the parking deck who said "it peeked out from behind a car and I thought I was going insane!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are an awesome, adorable couple. Congratulations on so many years of happy togetherness. Here's hoping you have many, many more!

    Spouses/significant others are mandated at our Christmas party. Someone has to drive our drunk asses around =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!

    The husbands workplace insists spouses attend. I think it's so the other spouses can meet and complain about being dragged to Switzerland by their partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was seriously the laugh I needed this morning. I love all the comments in the story! Thanks for sharing Emily!

    And youre right, the monkey did overtake your anniversary news :) But happy 10 year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I love that monkey!!!!!! and the coat!!! and ikea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary guys! One of the best couples around!

    And spouses were banned from D's xmas party too. I was really okay with that. See you guys Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one T.O girl to another,Happy Anniversary!That monkey cracks me up, and for some reason it's funnier then a cat in a bow tie.Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary!! You guys are too cool for school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy way late anniversary!! AND monkey!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.