1.06.2013

First Response

I kind of shared some big news with you - and then totally disappeared!  Seems to be my thing these days.  Hiding out.  Hanging out.  Along with Sleeping. Eating.  Getting bigger.  At only almost 16 weeks I feel ginormous.  Like I look at pictures online of other 16 week pregnant bellies and wonder why mine is so big.  It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I was sporting a fine looking beer belly prior to housing a fetus.  In hindsight I probably should have planned to get rid of that. All well!  So it's just Carl (my beer belly) and B-Ho (Baby Hope) changing up my shape.  NBD. 

Anyways - before I forget - thanks to all of you for your congratulatory messages.  If I was a good person I would have e-mailed each and everyone of you back.  However this is coming for the person who still hasn't sent out her thank you card from her wedding - which was nearly two years ago. 

Well - I should probably tell you about how we found out?  It's not really that interesting.  Steve was with me - so I couldn't plan some extravagant and/or clever way to break the news.   The week before Aunt Flo was due - I started feeling different.  My boobs were achier - and gasp "do they look bigger?" On the way home from work, on Thursday October 11, 2012, I turned to Steve and said "I think I'm pregnant! We should stop and get a pregnancy test!"  After extensive reading on various baby forums - I knew that it was best to wait until Aunt Flo didn't show up - but I had a feeling she wasn't going to be coming by for awhile.  So I picked up a two pack of First Response tests and we headed home.

I immediately peed on the stick and watched it for the suggested three-minutes.  I watched one line change to two. "Seriously?! I'm pregnant!!!!"  I walked out - handed the test to Steve and said something like "Well I won't be drinking beer for the next nine months!"  To be honest - the whole moment was a blur.  I think a bit of shock.  A bit of disbelief.  A lot of googling False Positive Pregnancy Tests - only to find out that they are rare.  I also iMessaged a picture to Lo and Amira - just for some online confirmation. 

The following day - I decided to test again - just to make sure!  With the same results.  Positive.  I still didn't believe it.  Then Monday rolled around.  Aunt Flo never showed up.  And then it sank in.  We were going to have a baby.  I was excited.  I was nervous.  I was effin' scared.  But most of all I was happy. 


16 comments:

  1. Cute! lol
    When I was pregnant with my first, I had a feeling something was up before Aunt Flo was to arrive... so I picked up a bunch of cheap tests. I peed on them all the next morning, early& they all test positive ... went to the bedroom, told the hubs, he gave me a high 5 & went back to sleep. The next day I bought a very expensive test with the same results! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! love that your first comment was about no beer for 9 months, ha! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so freaking excited for you! you can spam me with as many bumpdates and belly photos you can bang off in 9 months (minus 16 weeks). I can only imagine how awesome your baby is going to be. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be an awesome mama. I can just tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! :) I am a new follower and absolutely adore your blog! :) We just had our first baby last month. He will be a month old tomorrow! It's the greatest thing in the world! I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha so true about every other blogger using one of those methods to announce being pregnant!

    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Love that we got to be a part of this story :-) Lo better send us the same text when it's her turn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you guys!!! What a crazy experience to suddenly find out you're knocked up! Your whole perspective on life much change in a minute. Congratulations. Don't forget to keep us updated here in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the comment about no beer, lol! I had to text my husband because he was at work and there was NO way I could go all day without telling someone else and I definitely wanted him to be the first to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!

    When i found out with my first i wanted to make a big deal out of it when telling the husband, but it was a major fail...i went to hand him something and hid the stick in there with it, but he totally dropped the stick..."surprise, oh wait, can you pick that up!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. call me crazy, but I much prefer that to the whole "telling the dad by doing something cutesie" thing. Don't get me wrong, we'll do cutesie things to tell our families, but if I have to wait on a pee stick, Ammon is going to have to settle on waiting for the damn stick too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your babe! So happy to have found another Toronto blogger!

    Check me out if you have a moment.

    Cheers!
    Joanna
    www.ModaMamaBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. p.s. I'm your newest follower and would appreciate the support as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.