10.07.2013

100th Day!!

On September 28th we celebrated Eila's 100th day.  Meeting this date was such a milestone for all of us.  It marked Eila's transition from infant to baby.  It marked our 100 days as new parents.  It marked 100 days of breastfeeding.  It marked 100 days as a family.  So many journeys, so many lessons, so many tears, but oh so many smiles.  I want to take some time to reflect on all these transitions - because those first 100 days were/are so important.  I am going to take some time and post individually on each of these topics to share our experiences - somewhat of a first 100 days journey series.  Something like that.

I am equally sad and excited that this period is over.  Sad for the obvious reasons that our little lady is growing and changing and will one day become completely independent.  But excited because I am filled with such pride every time she moves forward in her development.  I am excited to learn what her voice will sound like.  What her personality will be like.  We have so many milestones ahead of us - we've just got started. But I want to remember like this forever.


6 comments:

  1. I love that you celebrated her 100th day! So precious. And that picture of the two of you...oh my gosh so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching day 100! Can't wait to read more details of the journey. She's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wonderful and those sweet chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is growing up so dang fast! Congratulations on meeting this milestone as a family =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on surviving the first 100 days :) There are a lot of milestones packed into that time and you're so right to celebrate them. I love that you guys made a cake - but what is Eila doing SITTING next to it?? Seriously, girl is STRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those cheeks and her freaking expressions. Happy 100 days Eila!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.